Do medical marijuana laws increase hard drug use?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- D. Mark Anderson & Daniel I. Rees, 2014. "The Role of Dispensaries: The Devil is in the Details," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 235-240, January.
- Hans Melberg & Andrew Jones & Anne Bretteville-Jensen, 2010.
"Is cannabis a gateway to hard drugs?,"
Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 583-603, June.
- Hans Olav Melberg & Anne Line Bretteville-Jensen & Andrew M. Jones, 2007. "Is cannabis a gateway to hard drugs?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/01, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Bretteville-Jensen Anne L & Melberg Hans O & Jones Andrew M, 2008.
"Sequential Patterns of Drug Use Initiation - Can We Believe In the Gateway Theory?,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-31, January.
- Anne Line Bretteville-Jensen & Hans Olav Melberg & Andrew M Jones, 2005. "Sequential patterns of drug use initiation – can we believe in the gateway theory?," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 05/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chu, Yu-Wei Luke, 2014.
"The effects of medical marijuana laws on illegal marijuana use,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 43-61.
- Chu, Yu-Wei Luke, 2014. "The effects of medical marijuana laws on illegal marijuana use," Working Paper Series 3212, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Bound, John & Solon, Gary, 1999.
"Double trouble: on the value of twins-based estimation of the return to schooling,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 169-182, April.
- John Bound & Gary Solon, 1998. "Double Trouble: On the Value of Twins-Based Estimation of the Return to Schooling," NBER Working Papers 6721, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosalie Liccardo Pacula & David Powell & Paul Heaton & Eric L. Sevigny, 2013. "Assessing the Effects of Medical Marijuana Laws on Marijuana and Alcohol Use: The Devil is in the Details," NBER Working Papers 19302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 675-700, August.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986. "A Theory of Rational Addiction," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huber III Arthur & Newman Rebecca & LaFave Daniel, 2016. "Cannabis Control and Crime: Medicinal Use, Depenalization and the War on Drugs," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-35, October.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Keshar M. Ghimire & Lauren Hersch Nicholas, 2017. "The Effect of State Medical Marijuana Laws on Social Security Disability Insurance and Workers' Compensation Claiming," NBER Working Papers 23862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2018. "Deaths of Despair or Drug Problems?," NBER Working Papers 24188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johanna Catherine Maclean & Lauren Hersch Nicholas & Keshar M. Ghimire, 2017. "The Impact of State Medical Marijuana Laws on Social Security Disability Insurance and Workers' Compensation Benefit Claiming," Working Papers id:12111, eSocialSciences.
- Zhuang Hao & Benjamin Cowan, 2017. "The Cross-Border Spillover Effects of Recreational Marijuana Legalization," NBER Working Papers 23426, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsCocaine; Heroin; Illegal drug use; Marijuana; Medical marijuana laws;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vuw:vuwecf:3195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library Technology Services). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egvuwnz.html .