Contractual Pitfalls in Capitated Primary Health Care: Sharing Random Demand Risk in New Zealand's Strategy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon, 2005. "Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 9-23, April.
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B., 2000.
"Antitrust and competition in health care markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1405-1487
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, "undated". "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999. "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Cutler, David M. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2000. "The anatomy of health insurance," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 563-643 Elsevier.
- Ching-To Albert Ma & Michael H. Riordan, 2002. "Health Insurance, Moral Hazard, and Managed Care," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 81-107, March.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 1970. "Medical insurance: A case study of the tradeoff between risk spreading and appropriate incentives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 10-26, March.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2005. "Restructuring Primary Health Care Markets in New Zealand: Financial Risk, Competition, Innovation and Governance Implications," Working Paper Series 3855, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2007. "Financial Risk in Primary Health Care Contracting: Implications for Sector Structure, Ownership and Outcomes," Working Paper Series 3964, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1973. "The Economics of Group Practice," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(1), pages 37-56.
- Crampton, Peter & Davis, Peter & Lay-Yee, Roy, 2005. "Primary care teams: New Zealand's experience with community-governed non-profit primary care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 233-243, May.
- Danzon, Patricia M, 1997. "Tort Liability: A Minefield for Managed Care?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 491-519, June.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1986. "Provider behavior under prospective reimbursement : Cost sharing and supply," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 129-151, June.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1996. "Reimbursing Health Plans and Health Providers: Efficiency in Production versus Selection," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1236-1263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Howell, Bronwyn, 2006. "Paying for the Hospital Waiting List Cull at the GP's Surgery: The Changing Locus of Financial Risk-Bearing in New Zealand's Primary Healthcare Sector," Working Paper Series 3842, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vuw:vuwcsr:3965. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library Technology Services). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fcvuwnz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.