Cycles with Undistinguished Actions and Extended Rock-Paper-Scissors Games
The present paper examines zero-sum games that are based on a cyclic preference relation defined over anonymous actions. For each of these games, the set of Nash equilibria is characterized. When the number of actions is odd, a unique Nash equilibrium is always obtained. On the other hand, in the case of an even number of actions, every such game exhibits an infinite number of Nash equilibria. As a special case, a proof of the uniqueness of the Nash equilibrium for the Rock-Paper-Scissors game obtains.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.econ.vt.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Meier & Burkhard Schipper, 2014.
"Bayesian games with unawareness and unawareness perfection,"
Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 219-249, June.
- Martin Meier & Burkhard Schipper, 2012. "Bayesian Games with Unawareness and Unawareness Perfection," Working Papers 129, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Martin Meier & Burkhard Schipper, 2013. "Bayesian Games with Unawareness and Unawareness Perfection," Working Papers 139, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bahel, Eric, 2012.
"Rock–paper–scissors and cycle-based games,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 401-403.
- Peter Duersch & Joerg Oechssler & Burkhard Schipper, 2010.
"Pure Strategy Equilibria in Symmetric Two-Player Zero-Sum Games,"
1021, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Peter Duersch & Jörg Oechssler & Burkhard Schipper, 2012. "Pure strategy equilibria in symmetric two-player zero-sum games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 553-564, August.
- Hervé Moulin & Yves Sprumont, 2007.
"Fair allocation of production externalities : recent results,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 117(1), pages 7-36.
- MOULIN, Hervé & SPRUMONT, Yves, 2005. "Fair Allocation of Production Externalities: Recent Results," Cahiers de recherche 28-2005, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- SPRUMONT, Yves & MOULIN, Hervé, 2005. "Fair Allocation of Production Externalities: Recent Results," Cahiers de recherche 2005-22, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Calvo, Emilio & Santos, Juan Carlos, 2000. "A value for multichoice games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 341-354, November.
- Hervé Moulin, 1995.
"On Additive Methods To Share Joint Costs,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 303-332, December.
- Yves Sprumont, 2005. "On the Discrete Version of the Aumann-Shapley Cost-Sharing Method," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(5), pages 1693-1712, 09.
- SPRUMONT, Yves, 2004.
"Nearly Serial Sharing Methods,"
Cahiers de recherche
17-2004, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- A. van den Nouweland, 2007. "Rock-Paper-Scissors; A New and Elegant Proof," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1003, The University of Melbourne.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:43:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Friedman, Eric & Moulin, Herve, 1999.
"Three Methods to Share Joint Costs or Surplus,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 275-312, August.
- Anne van den Nouweland, 2007. "Rock-paper-scissors a new and elegant proof," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(43), pages 1-6.
- Eric Bahel & Christian Trudeau, 2011.
"A Discrete Cost Sharing Model with Technological Cooperation,"
e07-28, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Eric Bahel & Christian Trudeau, 2013. "A discrete cost sharing model with technological cooperation," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 439-460, May.
- Yair Tauman & Naoki Watanabe, 2007. "The Shapley Value of a Patent Licensing Game: the Asymptotic Equivalence to Non-cooperative Results," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 135-149, January.
- Wang, YunTong, 1999. "The additivity and dummy axioms in the discrete cost sharing model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 187-192, August.
- Angeles de Frutos, M., 1998. "Decreasing Serial Cost Sharing under Economies of Scale," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 245-275, April.
- repec:dgr:kubrem:1991478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Bahel, 2011. "The implications of the ranking axiom for discrete cost sharing methods," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 551-589, August.
- Petrosjan, Leon & Zaccour, Georges, 2003. "Time-consistent Shapley value allocation of pollution cost reduction," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 381-398, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vpi:wpaper:e07-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Djavad Salehi-Isfahani)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.