Growth May Be Good for the Poor, But Decline is Disastrous: On the Non-Robustness of the Dollar-Kraay "Growth is Good for the Poor" Result
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Theo S Eicher & Cecilia Garcia Penalosa, "undated".
"Inequality and Growth,"
0083, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Theo S Eicher & Cecilia Garcia Penalosa, "undated". "Inequality and Growth," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 0083, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Malte Lübker & Graham Smith & John Weeks, 2002. "Growth and the poor: a comment on Dollar and Kraay," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 555-571.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:177-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Almanzar, Miguel & Torero, Maximo, 2017.
"Distributional Effects of Growth and Public Expenditures in Africa: Estimates for Tanzania and Rwanda,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 177-195.
- Almanzar, Miguel & Torero, Maximo, 2014. "Distributional Effects of Growth and Public Expenditures in Africa: Estimates for Tanzania and Rwanda," MPRA Paper 61299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGrowth; poverty; income distribution;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vpi:wpaper:e06-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Djavad Salehi-Isfahani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decvtus.html .