Reversal of fortunes: a cohort analysis of lifetime earnings in Iran
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Orazio Attanasio & Hamish Low & Virginia SÃ¡nchez-Marcos, 2008.
"Explaining Changes in Female Labor Supply in a Life-Cycle Model,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1517-1552, September.
- Virginia Sanchez-Marcos & Orazio Attanasio & Hamish Low, 2004. "Explaining Changes in Female Labour Supply in a Life-Cycle Model," 2004 Meeting Papers 492, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Attanasio, O. & Low, H. & Sanchez-Marcos, V., 2004. "Explaining Changes in Female Labour Supply in a Life-cycle Model," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0451, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Attanasio, Orazio & Davis, Steven J, 1996.
"Relative Wage Movements and the Distribution of Consumption,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(6), pages 1227-1262, December.
- Orazio Attanasio & Steven J. Davis, 1994. "Relative Wage Movements and the Distribution of Consumption," NBER Working Papers 4771, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Behrman, Jere R & Birdsall, Nancy M, 1988. "The Reward for Good Timing: Cohort Effects and Earnings Functions for Brazilian Males," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 129-135, February.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Paul Beaudry & David A. Green, 2000.
"Cohort patterns in Canadian earnings: assessing the role of skill premia in inequality trends,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 907-936, November.
- Paul Beaudry & David Green, 1997. "Cohort Patterns in Canadian Earnings: Assessing the Role of Skill Premia in Inequality Trends," NBER Working Papers 6132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Blundell & Ian Preston, 1998. "Consumption Inequality and Income Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 603-640.
- Deaton, Angus & Paxson, Christina, 1994. "Intertemporal Choice and Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 437-467, June.
- J.B. Burbidge & L. Magee & A.L. Robb, "undated".
"Cohort, Year and Age Effects in Canadian Wage Data,"
Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers
13, McMaster University.
- John B. Burbidge & Lonnie Magee & A. Leslie Robb, 1997. "Cohort, Year and Age Effects in Canadian Wage Data," Independence and Economic Security of the Older Population Research Papers 19, McMaster University.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1998.
"Growth, Demographic Structure, and National Saving in Taiwan,"
183, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1999. "Growth, demographic structure, and national saving in Taiwan," Working Papers 224, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Clifford Clogg, 1982. "Cohort Analysis of Recent Trends in Labor Force Participation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 19(4), pages 459-479, November.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1975. "The Age-Wealth Relationship: A Cross-Section and Cohort Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 155-163, May.
- McKenzie, David J., 2006. "Precautionary saving and consumption growth in Taiwan," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 84-101.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Marenglen Marku, 2011. "Reversal of Fortunes: The Rise and Fall of Lifetime Earnings of Iranian Men," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 877-906.
More about this item
KeywordsIran; life-time earnings; cohorts;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vpi:wpaper:e06-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Djavad Salehi-Isfahani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decvtus.html .