Evolution of Profit Persistence in the US: Evidence from four 20-years periods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin & Zulehner, Christine, 2003.
"The effects of mergers: an international comparison,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 625-653, May.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2001. "The Effects of Mergers: An International Comparison," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Geroski, Paul A & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988. "The Persistence of Profits: A European Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 375-389, June.
- Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S., 1999. "The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 663-687, July.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2006.
"The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: non-linearity, nonstationarity and profit persistence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 465-472.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2003. "The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: Nonlinearity, nonstationrity and profit persistence," Vienna Economics Papers 0316, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C & Yurtoglu, B Burcin, 2004. "Corporate Governance and the Returns on Investment," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 589-633, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2008.
"Tracing The Dynamics Of Competition: Evidence From Company Profits,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 208-213, April.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005. "Tracing the dynamics of competition: Evidence from company profits," Vienna Economics Papers 0504, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Canarella, Giorgio & Miller, Stephen M. & Nourayi, Mahmoud M., 2013.
"Firm profitability: Mean-reverting or random-walk behavior?,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, pages 76-97.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working papers 2012-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2012.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Mahmoud M. Nourayi, 2012. "Firm Profitability: Mean-Reverting or Random-Walk Behavior?," Working Papers 1202, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Stefan Hirsch & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013.
"Profit persistence in the food industry: evidence from five European countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, pages 741-759.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Hirsch, Stefan, 2011. "Profit Persistence in the Food Industry: Evidence from five European Countries," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114534, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ajit Singh, 2014. "Competition, Competition Policy, Competitiveness, Globalisation & Development," Working Papers wp460, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Ajit Singh, 2016.
"Competition, competition policy, competitiveness, globalization and development,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Alternative Theories of Economic Development, chapter 35, pages 666-688
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Singh, Ajit, 2013. "Competition, Competition Policy, Competitiveness, Globalisation and Development," MPRA Paper 53027, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Jan 2014.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Michael Hauser, 2016. "Profit persistence and stock returns," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(37), pages 3538-3549, August.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Stefan Hirsch, 2016. "What drives firm profitability? A comparison of the US and EU food processing industry," Studies in Economics 1612, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- M. Capasso & E. Cefis & K. Frenken, 2009.
"Do some firms persistently outperform?,"
09-, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Marco Capasso & Elena Cefis & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Do Some Firms Persistently Outperform ?," LEM Papers Series 2009/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- M. Capasso & E. Cefis & K. Frenken, 2009. "Do some Firms Persistently Outperform?," Working Papers 09-28, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Mahmoud M. Nourayi & Julie W. Suh, 2015. "An Empirical Analysis of the Competitiveness in the U.S. Airline Industry," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 83-99, August.
- Christa Sys, 2013. "Persistence of profits in the container liner shipping industry," Chapters,in: Smart Transport Networks, chapter 6, pages 99-125 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2005-01-23 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2005-01-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vie:viennp:0410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator). General contact details of provider: http://www.univie.ac.at/vwl .