On Core-Walras Equivalence in Banach Spaces when Feasibility is defined by the Pettis Integral
The paper studies the core-Walras equivalence problem in the commodity space framework of Banach spaces, allocations being defined as Pettis integrable functions. In particular, a core-Walras equivalence result for a certain class of commodity spaces is established, without requiring that the commodity space be separable. on the other hand, responding to objections made against some recent core-Walras nonequivalence results in the Bochner integrable allocations setting, it is shown that these latter results carry over to the pettis integrable allocations setting, unless additional restrictions on the heterogeneity of agents´ preferences are in force.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rustichini, Aldo & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 1991. "Edgeworth's conjecture in economies with a continuum of agents and commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 307-326.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Zame, William R, 1994.
"Nonatomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 593-633, May.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1988. "Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," UCLA Economics Working Papers 502, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1991. "Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," UCLA Economics Working Papers 502R, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "Markets with Many More Agents than Commodities: Aumann's "Hidden" Assumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 189-221, November.
- Bewley, Truman F, 1973. "The Equality of the Core and the Set of Equilibria in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities and a Continuum of Agents," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 383-394, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vie:viennp:0403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.