Note on the Core-Walras Equivalence Problem when the Commodity Space is a Banach Lattice
The core-Walras equivalence problem for an atomless economy is considered in the commodity space setting of Banach lattices. In particular, necessary and sufficient conditions on the commodity space in order for core-Walras equivalence to hold are established. In general, these conditions can be regarded as implying that an economy with a continuum of agents has indeed "many more agents than commodities". However, it turns out that there are special commoditiy spaces in which core-Walras equivalence holds for every atomless economy satisfying certain standard assumptions, but in which an atomless economy does not have the meaning of there being "many more agents than commodities."
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rustichini, Aldo & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 1991. "Edgeworth's conjecture in economies with a continuum of agents and commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 307-326.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1988.
"Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
502, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Zame, William R, 1994. "Nonatomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 593-633, May.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1991. "Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," UCLA Economics Working Papers 502R, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "Markets with Many More Agents than Commodities: Aumann's "Hidden" Assumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 189-221, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vie:viennp:0307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.