A Comment on "The Selection of Preferences Through Imitation"
We observe that the imitation dynamics of Cubitt and Sugden (CS) is the same as the Replicator Dynamics for a certain class of games. Known results for such games then permit a more complete analysis of the CS imitaion process, containing their results as special cases, and extending them considerably. We also offer a comment on the special role of "pure" prospects, and an as if interpretation of the CS process in terms of payoff-guided imitation.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schlag, Karl H., 1998.
"Why Imitate, and If So, How?, : A Boundedly Rational Approach to Multi-armed Bandits,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 130-156, January.
- Karl H. Schlag, 1995. "Why Imitate, and if so, How? A Bounded Rational Approach to Multi-Armed Bandits," Discussion Paper Serie B 361, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Mar 1996.
- Schlag, Karl H., 1994. "Why Imitate, and if so, How? Exploring a Model of Social Evolution," Discussion Paper Serie B 296, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Karl H. Schlag, . "Why Imitate, and if so, How? A Bounded Rational Approach to Multi- Armed Bandits," ELSE working papers 028, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Yuzuru Sato & Eizo Akiyama & J. Doyne Farmer, 2001. "Chaos in Learning a Simple Two Person Game," Working Papers 01-09-049, Santa Fe Institute.
- Cubitt, Robin P & Sugden, Robert, 1998. "The Selection of Preferences through Imitation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(4), pages 761-71, October.
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, June.
- Fishburn, P. C., 1984. "Dominance in SSB utility theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 130-148, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vie:viennp:0207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.