An Agenda for the Study of Land Use, Wilderness Designation, and Resource Regulation in the American West
Atemporal and intertemporal use of public lands, the determination of optimal levels of wilderness designation and habitat preservation, and the appropriate regulation of natural resources have all been "hot button" issues in the American West for quite some time now. In this paper, I propose and describe a research agenda which promises to yield interesting and useful new policy insights into these fractious resource issues.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Oct 1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://apec.usu.edu/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kofman, F. & Lawarree, J., 1990.
"Collusion in Hierarchical Agency,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
91-01, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Zender, Jaime F, 1991.
"Capital Structure and Dividend Irrelevance with Asymmetric Information,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(1), pages 201-19.
- Philip H. Dybvig & Jaime F. Zender, 1988. "Capital Structure and dividend Irrelevance with Asymmetric Information," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 878, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1995. "Development, trade, and the environment: which way now?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 83-88, May.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Hierarchies and Bureaucracies: On the Role of Collusion in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 181-214, Fall.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A., 1998. "On the irrelevance of collusion in perfectly correlated environments," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 393-405.
- Hanemann, W. Michael, 1989. "Information and the concept of option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Barro, Robert J., 1986.
"Reputation in a model of monetary policy with incomplete information,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 3-20, January.
- Robert J. Barro, 1986. "Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy with Incomplete Information," NBER Working Papers 1794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A, 1998. "Environmental Policy in Developing Countries: A Dynamic Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 293-304, October.
- Epstein, Larry G, 1980. "Decision Making and the Temporal Resolution of Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 269-83, June.
- Harrington, Winston, 1988. "Efficient vs open-access use of public facilities in the long run," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 462-469, December.
- van Egteren, Henry, 1992. "State versus federal environmental regulation in a non-cooperative monopoly screening model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 161-178, September.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Yoo, Seung Jick, 1994. "Renewal theory and natural resource regulatory policy under uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 237-241, November.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Whinston, Michael D, 1986. "Common Agency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 923-42, July.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Fisher, Anthony C. & Hanemann, W. Michael, 1987. "Quasi-option value: Some misconceptions dispelled," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 183-190, June.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Fisher, Anthony C, 1974. "Environmental Preservation, Uncertainty, and Irreversibility," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 312-19, May.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anas, Alex, 1988. "Optimal preservation and pricing of natural public lands in general equilibrium," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 158-172, June.
- Johnson, Ronald N. & Watts, Myles J., 1989. "Contractual stipulations, resource use, and interest groups: Implications from federal grazing contracts," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 87-96, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usu:wpaper:9521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Gilbert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.