Tax revenue mobilization in conflict-affected developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerven, Morten & Austin, Gareth & Green, Erik & Uche, Chibuike & Frankema, Ewout & Fourie, Johan & Inikori, Joseph & Moradi, Alexander & Hillbom, Ellen, 2012.
"Moving Forward in African Economic History. Bridging the Gap Between Methods and Sources,"
Lund Papers in Economic History
124, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Jerven , Morten & Austin , Gareth & Green, Erik & Uche , Chibuike & Frankema , Ewout & Fourie , Johan & Inikori , Joseph & Moradi , Alexander & Hillbom , Ellen, 2012. "Moving Forward in African Economic History: Bridging the Gap Between Methods and Sources," African Economic History Working Paper 1/2012, African Economic History Network.
- Prichard, Wilson & Brun, Jean-Francois & Morrissey, Oliver, 2012.
"Donors, Aid and Taxation in Developing Countries: An Overview,"
2307, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Prichard, Wilson & Brun, Jean-François & Morrissey, Oliver, 2013. "Donors, Aid and Taxation in Developing Countries: An overview," Working Papers 11258, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Rina Bhattacharya & Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Shamsuddin Tareq & Alex Segura-Ubiergo & Todd D. Mattina, 2005.
"Rebuilding Fiscal Institutions in Postconflict Countries,"
IMF Occasional Papers
247, International Monetary Fund.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Shamsuddin Tareq & Benedict Clements & Alex Segura-Ubiergo & Rina Bhattacharya, 2005. "Rebuilding Fiscal Institutions in Post-Conflict Countries," Public Economics 0504010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco Durand & Rosemary Thorp, 1998. "Reforming the state: A study of the peruvian tax reform," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 133-151.
- James Boyce & Shepard Forman, 2010. "Financing Peace: International and National Resources for Postconflict Countries and Fragile States," Working Papers wp238, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Prichard, Wilson & Cobham, Alex & Goodall, Andrew, 2014. "The ICTD Government Revenue Dataset," Working Papers 10250, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Janvier Nkurunziza, 2004. "How Long Can Inflation Tax Compensate For The Loss Of Government Revenue In War Economies? Evidence From Burundi," Development and Comp Systems 0409065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2001. "Fiscal Policy, Conflict, and Reconstruction in Burundi and Rwanda," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Addison, Tony & Geda, Alemayehu & Le Billon, Philippe & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Financial Reconstruction in Conflict and 'Post-Conflict' Economies," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Political Instability, Inflation Tax and Asset Substitution in Burundi," Journal of African Development, African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA), vol. 7(1), pages 42-72.
- Ross, Michael L., 2004. "Does Taxation Lead to Representation?," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 229-249, April.
- John Thornton & Fabian Bornhorst & Sanjeev Gupta, 2008. "Natural Resource Endowments, Governance, and the Domestic Revenue Effort; Evidence from a Panel of Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Doner, Richard F. & Ritchie, Bryan K. & Slater, Dan, 2005. "Systemic Vulnerability and the Origins of Developmental States: Northeast and Southeast Asia in Comparative Perspective," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 327-361, April.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Tareq, Shamsuddin & Clements, Benedict & Segura-Ubiergo, Alex & Bhattacharya, Rina, 2007. "Postconflict Countries: Strategy for Rebuilding Fiscal Institutions," WIDER Working Paper Series 041, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Prichard,Wilson, 2015. "Taxation, Responsiveness and Accountability in Sub-Saharan Africa," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107110861, Enero.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2004. "How long can inflation tax compensate for the loss of government revenue in war economies? Evidence From Burundi," CSAE Working Paper Series 2004-19, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Nicholas Eubank, 2012. "Taxation, Political Accountability and Foreign Aid: Lessons from Somaliland," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 465-480, March.
- Janvier Nkurunziza, 2004. "How long can inflation tax compensate for the loss Wof government revenue in war economics? Evidence from Burundi," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-19, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wly:jintdv:v:30:y:2018:i:2:p:161-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tony Addison & Miguel NiÃ±oâ€ ZarazÃºa & Jukka PirttilÃ¤, 2018.
"Fiscal Policy, State Building and Economic Development,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 161-172, March.
- Tony Addison & Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Jukka Pirttilä, 2018. "Fiscal policy, state building and economic development," WIDER Working Paper Series 005, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordstaxation; revenue mobilization; conflict;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2016-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.