Affirmative action and long-run changes in group inequality in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rohini Pande, 2003. "Can Mandated Political Representation Increase Policy Influence for Disadvantaged Minorities? Theory and Evidence from India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1132-1151, September.
- Hemanshu Kumar and Rohini Somanathan, 2015.
"State And District Boundary Changes In India-(1961-2001),"
248, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Hemanshu Kumar & Rohini Somanathan, 2015. "State and District Boundary Changes in India: 1961-2001," Working Papers id:7757, eSocialSciences.
- Guilhem Cassan, 2015.
"Identity-Based Policies and Identity Manipulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 103-131, November.
- Guilhem Cassan, 2012. "Identity based policies and identity manipulation: evidence from Colonial Punjab," Working Papers 1214, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Cassan, Guilhem, 2013. "Identity Based Policies and Identity Manipulation: Evidence from Colonial Punjab," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1306, CEPREMAP.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Somanathan, Rohini, 2007.
"The political economy of public goods: Some evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 287-314, March.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Rohini Somanathan, 2004. "The political economy of public goods: Some evidence from India," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 04-17, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rohini Somanathan, 2016.
"Group Inequality in Democracies: Lessons from Cross-national Experiences,"
260, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Rohini Somanathan, 2016. "Group Inequality in Democracies: Lessons from Cross-National Experiences," Working Papers id:11335, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
Keywordscaste; tribe; India; disadvantaged groups; horizontal inequalities; affirmative action; education;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2016-085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .