Less restrictive birth control, less education? Evidence from ethnic minorities in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weili Ding & Steven F. Lehrer, 2007.
"Do Peers Affect Student Achievement in China's Secondary Schools?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 300-312, May.
- Weili Ding & Steven Lehrer, 2005. "Do Peers Affect Student Achievement in China's Secondary Schools?," Working Papers 1047, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Weili Ding & Steven F. Lehrer, 2006. "Do Peers Affect Student Achievement in China's Secondary Schools?," NBER Working Papers 12305, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hongbin Li & Junsen Zhang & Yi Zhu, 2008.
"The quantity-Quality trade-Off of children In a developing country: Identification using chinese twins,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(1), pages 223-243, February.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhang, Junsen & Zhu, Yi, 2007. "The Quantity-Quality Tradeoff of Children in a Developing Country: Identification Using Chinese Twins," IZA Discussion Papers 3012, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Haoming Liu, 2014. "The quality–quantity trade-off: evidence from the relaxation of China’s one-child policy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 565-602, April.
- Huang, Wei & Lei, Xiaoyan & Sun, Ang, 2015.
"The Great Expectations: Impact of One-Child Policy on Education of Girls,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9301, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wei Huang & Xiaoyan Lei & Ang Sun, 2015. "The Great Expectations: Impact of One-Child Policy on Education of Girls," Working Papers id:7387, eSocialSciences.
- Yunfan Yang & Huan Wang & Linxiu Zhang & Sean Sylvia & Renfu Luo & Yaojiang Shi & Wei Wang & Scott Rozelle, 2015. "The Han-Minority Achievement Gap, Language, and Returns to Schools in Rural China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(2), pages 319-359.
- Leonard, Jonathan S, 1984. "The Impact of Affirmative Action on Employment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(4), pages 439-463, October.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1980. "Testing the Quantity-Quality Fertility Model: The Use of Twins as a Natural Experiment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 227-240, January.
- Leonard, Jonathan S, 1986. "What Was Affirmative Action?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 359-363, May.
- Emily Hannum, 2002. "Educational stratification by ethnicity in China: Enrollment and attainment in the early reform years," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 39(1), pages 95-117, February.
- Emily Hannum & Yu Xie, 1998. "Ethnic stratification in Northwest China: Occupational differences between Han Chinese and national minorities in Xinjiang, 1982–1990," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 35(3), pages 323-333, August.
- Peter Hinrichs, 2012. "The Effects of Affirmative Action Bans on College Enrollment, Educational Attainment, and the Demographic Composition of Universities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(3), pages 712-722, August.
- Ouyang, Yusi & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per, 2012. "Health Inequality between Ethnic Minority and Han Populations in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1452-1468.
- Björn Gustafsson & Ding Sai, 2009. "Temporary And Persistent Poverty Among Ethnic Minorities And The Majority In Rural China," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(s1), pages 588-606, July.
More about this item
Keywordsbirth control; education; minority; quantity.quality tradeoff; China;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2016-07-16 (China)
- NEP-DEV-2016-07-16 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2016-07-16 (Education)
- NEP-GER-2016-07-16 (German Papers)
- NEP-TRA-2016-07-16 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2016-077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.