The growth-employment-poverty nexus in Latin America in the 2000s: Honduras country study
During the 2000s Honduras grew less than the average Latin American country and labour market indicators moved, in general, in a worsening direction. The only exceptions were the reduction in the unemployment rate and the improvements in the mix of employment by occupational group and educational level. The country underwent a recession as a consequence of the international crisis of 2008, from which it had not fully recovered by 2012. Most labour market indicators were affected negatively by the crisis, and the majority of them had not recovered their pre-crisis levels by 2012. Poverty has been rising steadily since 2008.
|Date of creation:||2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azevedo, Joao Pedro & Inchauste, Gabriela & Sanfelice, Viviane, 2013. "Decomposing the recent inequality decline in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6715, The World Bank.
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2010.
"Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 908-918, June.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2006. "Minimum Wages, Globalization and Poverty in Honduras," IZA Discussion Papers 2497, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2008. "Minimum Wages, Globalization, and Poverty in Honduras," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jake Johnston & Stephan Lefebvre, 2013. "Honduras Since the Coup: Economic and Social Outcomes," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2013-16, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Jose Antonio Cordero, 2009. "Honduras: Recent Economic Performance," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-42, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Gary Fields, 2012. "Challenges and policy lessons for the growth-employment-poverty nexus in developing countries," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)