Impact of Education on Inequality Across the Wage Distribution Profile in Cameroon: 2005-10
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Winegarden, C R, 1979. "Schooling and Income Distribution: Evidence from International Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(181), pages 83-87, February.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Antoninis, Manos, 1999.
"On the distributional impact of public education: evidence from Greece,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 439-452, October.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," Athens University of Economics and Business 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Antoninis, M. & Tsakloglou, P., 1997. "On the Distributional Impact of Public Education: Evidence from Greece," DEOS Working Papers 97-01, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Joop Hartog & Pedro Pereira & Jose Vieira, 2001.
"Changing returns to education in Portugal during the 1980s and early 1990s: OLS and quantile regression estimators,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1037.
- Joop Hartog & Pedro T. Pereira & José A.C. Vieira, 1999. "Changing Returns to Education in Portugal during the 1980s and Early 1990s: OLS and quantile regression estimators," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-002/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281-281.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, April.
- Javier Núñez & Andrea Tartakowsky, 2007. "Inequality of outcomes vs. inequality of opportunities in a developing country. An exploratory analysis for Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(2 Year 20), pages 185-202, December.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1994. "Changes in the U.S. Wage Structure 1963-1987: Application of Quantile Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 405-458, March.
- Kevin Sylwester, 2005. "Foreign direct investment, growth and income inequality in less developed countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 289-300.
- Polachek, Solomon W. & Kim, Moon-Kak, 1994. "Panel estimates of the gender earnings gap : Individual-specific intercept and individual-specific slope models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 23-42, March.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1996. "Economic Development, Growth of Human Capital, and the Dynamics of the Wage Structure," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 29-48, March.
- Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1986. "The Public Subsidization of Education and Health in Developing Countries: A Review of Equity and Efficiency," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 111-129, January.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2007.
"The chicken or the egg?: Endogeneity in labour market participation of informal carers in England,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 536-559, May.
- Heitmueller, Axel, 2004. "The Chicken or the Egg? Endogeneity in Labour Market Participation of Informal Carers in England," IZA Discussion Papers 1366, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1971. "Earnings Inequality and Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 85(1), pages 21-39.
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571-571.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
- José A. F. Machado & José Mata, 2001. "Earning functions in Portugal 1982-1994: Evidence from quantile regressions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 115-134.
- Rosa Dias, P, 2008. "Modelling and Measuring Inequality of Opportunity in Health: Evidence from a Cohort Study," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/18, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Equality and inequality; Income distribution; Wages;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2015-014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .