Monetary inequality among households in Togo: An illustration based on the decomposition of the Gini coefficient using the Shapley value approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Branko Milanovic, 2002.
"True World Income Distribution, 1988 and 1993: First Calculation Based on Household Surveys Alone,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 51-92, January.
- Milanovic, Branko, 1999. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993 - first calculations, based on household surveys alone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2244, The World Bank.
- Branko milanovic, 2003. "True world income distribution, 1988 and 1993: First calculation based on household surveys alo," HEW 0305002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 521-531.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "Introduction to "A Theory of the Consumption Function"," NBER Chapters, in: A Theory of the Consumption Function, pages 1-6, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arthur Charpentier & Stéphane Mussard, 2011.
"Income inequality games,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 529-554, December.
- Arthur Charpentier & Stephane Mussard, 2010. "Income Inequality Games," Cahiers de recherche 10-03, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Arthur Charpentier & Stéphane Mussard, 2010. "Income Inequality Games," Working Papers hal-00456573, HAL.
- Arthur Charpentier & Stéphane Mussard, 2010. "Income Inequality Games," Working Papers 10-01, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2010.
- François Bourguignon & Christian Morrisson, 2002. "Inequality Among World Citizens: 1820-1992," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 727-744, September.
- Frédéric Chantreuil & Alain Trannoy, 2013.
"Inequality decomposition values: the trade-off between marginality and efficiency,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(1), pages 83-98, March.
- Frédéric Chantreuil & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Inequality decomposition values: the trade-off between marginality and efficiency," Post-Print halshs-00733401, HAL.
- Anthony Shorrocks, 2013. "Decomposition procedures for distributional analysis: a unified framework based on the Shapley value," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(1), pages 99-126, March.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Lustig, Nora, 1999. "Why is Inequality Back on the Agenda?," Working Papers 127690, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Sen, Amartya, 1997. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292975.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-920, July.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Accounting for Inequality Trends: Decomposition Analyses for the UK, 1971-86," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 29-63, February.
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1, December.
- Abdelkrim Araar, 2006. "On the Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient: an Exact Approach, with an Illustration Using Cameroonian Data," Cahiers de recherche 0602, CIRPEE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ametoglo, Muriel Eyram Silo & Guo, Ping, 2016. "Inequality, poverty and inclusive growth in TOGO: An Assessment of the Survey Data," MPRA Paper 79705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdecomposition; Gini coefficient; inequality; Shapley.s value; Togo;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2014-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.