The colonial legacy: Income inequality in former British African colonies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"Top Incomes in the Long Run of History,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-71, March.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2009. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," NBER Working Papers 15408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," Post-Print halshs-00754557, HAL.
- Simon Kuznets & Elizabeth Jenks, 1953.
"Shares of Upper Income Groups in Income and Savings,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kuzn53-1, August.
- Simon Kuznets, 1950. "Shares of Upper Income Groups in Income and Savings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kuzn50-1, August.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1972. "The Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 306-316, August.
- Shantayanan Devarajan, 2013. "Africa's Statistical Tragedy," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59, pages 9-15, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Research Round-Up
by Robin in Cherokee Gothic on 2014-05-21 18:59:00
- The colonial legacy: Income inequality in former British African colonies
by maximorossi in NEP-LTV blog on 2014-05-27 19:52:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:459-469 is not listed on IDEAS
- Teyu Chou & Cyrus Chu, 2015. "Top Incomes in Taiwan, 1977-2013," Working Papers 201506, World Inequality Lab.
- Alvaredo, Facundo & Bergeron, Augustin & Cassan, Guilhem, 2017.
"Income concentration in British India, 1885–1946,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 459-469.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Augustin Bergeron & Guilhem Cassan, 2017. "Income Concentration in British India, 1885-1946," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1701, CEPREMAP.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Augustin Bergeron & Guilhem Cassan, 2017. "Income concentration in British India, 1885–1946," Post-Print hal-01626656, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsinequality; income distribution; colonial Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-05-17 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-05-17 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2014-05-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LTV-2014-05-17 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2014-045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.