Foreign aid and mobilization of growth factors in sub-Saharan Africa
This study addresses the macroeconomic effect of foreign aid on the factors of growth. Specifically, we examine the effects of foreign aid on capital investment (human capital, physical capital) in sub-Saharan Africa. Our methodological approach evaluates
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Boaz Nandwa, 2007.
"On the Impact of Foreign Aid in Education on Growth: How Relevant is the Heterogeneity of Aid Flows and the Heterogeneity of Aid Recipients?,"
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
200701, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Boaz Nandwa, 2007. "On the Impact of Foreign Aid in Education on Growth: How Relevant Is the Heterogeneity of Aid Flows and the Heterogeneity of Aid Recipients?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 143(4), pages 631-649, December.
- Levy, Victor, 1988. "Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: The recent experience," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1777-1795, November.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong & Jeffrey Racine, 2010. "Aid and investment in LDCs: A robust approach," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 319-349.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2000.
"Aid and Growth Regressions,"
62288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dollar, David & Easterly, William, 1999.
"The Search for the Key: Aid, Investment and Policies in Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(4), pages 546-77, December.
- Dollar, David & Easterly, William, 1999. "The search for the key : aid, investment, and policies in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2070, The World Bank.
- Karuna Gomanee & Sourafel Girma & Oliver Morrissey, 2005.
"Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: accounting for transmission mechanisms,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(8), pages 1055-1075.
- Gomanee, Karuna & Girma, Sourafel & Morrissey, Oliver, 2005. "Aid and Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Accounting for Transmission Mechanisms," Working Paper Series RP2005/60, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2000.
"Aid effectiveness disputed,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 375-398.
- Lensink, Robert & Morrissey, Oliver, 1999. "Aid instability as a measure of uncertainty and the positive impact of aid on growth," CDS Research Reports 199906, University of Groningen, Centre for Development Studies (CDS).
- Laurent WAGNER & Rohen DE JUNET D'AIGLEPIERRE, 2010.
"Aid and Universal Primary Education,"
- Riddell, Abby, 2012. "The Effectiveness of Foreign Aid to Education: What Can Be Learned?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Felix K. Rioja, 2003. "The Penalties of Inefficient Infrastructure," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 127-137, February.
- William Easterly, 2007. "Was Development Assistance a Mistake?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 328-332, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.