Foreign aid for capacity-building to address climate change: Insights and applications
The paper examines the role of foreign aid in building capacity to address climate change. While the experience with this topic is relatively recent and not yet extensive, analogous questions have arisen in many other areas of foreign aid. It is likely th
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Popp, 2011. "International Technology Transfer, Climate Change, and the Clean Development Mechanism," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 131-152, Winter.
- William Easterly, 2008.
"Can the West Save Africa?,"
NBER Working Papers
14363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2009.
"The Aid Effectiveness Literature: The Sad Results Of 40 Years Of Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 433-461, 07.
- Doucouliagos , H. & Paldam, M., 2007. "The aid effectiveness literature: The sad results of 40 years of research," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0773, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "The Aid Effectiveness Literature. The Sad Result of 40 Years of Research," Economics Working Papers 2005-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Jan Corfee-Morlot & Bruno Guay & Kate Larsen, 2009. "Financing Climate Change Mitigation: Towards a Framework for Measurement, Reporting and Verification," OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group Papers 2009/6, OECD Publishing.
- Henrik Hansen & Finn Tarp, 2000.
"Aid effectiveness disputed,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 375-398.
- Antoine Dechezleprêtre & Matthieu Glachant & Yann Ménière, 2009.
"Technology transfer by CDM projects: A comparison of Brazil, China, India and Mexico,"
- Dechezleprêtre, Antoine & Glachant, Matthieu & Ménière, Yann, 2009. "Technology transfer by CDM projects: A comparison of Brazil, China, India and Mexico," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 703-711, February.
- Clausen, Volker & Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2012.
"Aid, spending strategies and productivity effects: A multi-sectoral CGE analysis for Zambia,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2254-2268.
- Clausen, Volker & Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2009. "Aid, Spending Strategies and Productivity Effects – A Multi-sectoral CGE Analysis for Zambia," Ruhr Economic Papers 127, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Almuth Scholl, 2009.
"Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(2), pages 377-391, April.
- Almuth Scholl, 2005. "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2005-054, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2005.
- Almuth Scholl, 2006. "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality," 2006 Meeting Papers 292, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Almuth Scholl, 2008. "Code and data files for "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality"," Computer Codes 07-180, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "Aid Effectiveness on Growth. A Meta Study," Economics Working Papers 2005-13, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Riddell, Roger C., 2008. "Does Foreign Aid Really Work?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199544462, July.
- Barbara Buchner & Jessica Brown & Jan Corfee-Morlot, 2011. "Monitoring and Tracking Long-Term Finance to Support Climate Action," OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group Papers 2011/3, OECD Publishing.
- Sukumar Ganapati & Liguang Liu, 2009. "Sustainable development in the Clean Development Mechanism: the role of Designated National Authority in China and India," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(1), pages 43-60.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Sandler, Todd & Morrison, Kevin, 1999. "The Future of Development Assistance: Common Pools and International Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers 1629, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- R. Lensink & H. White, 2001. "Are There Negative Returns to Aid?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 42-65.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil R. Bhavnani & Samuel Bazzi, 2012. "Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(561), pages 590-617, 06.
- William Easterly, 2003. "Can Foreign Aid Buy Growth?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 23-48, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.