Foreign aid for capacity-building to address climate change: Insights and applications
The paper examines the role of foreign aid in building capacity to address climate change. While the experience with this topic is relatively recent and not yet extensive, analogous questions have arisen in many other areas of foreign aid. It is likely th
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521055390 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Easterly, 2009.
"Can the West Save Africa?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 373-447, June.
- Barbara Buchner & Jessica Brown & Jan Corfee-Morlot, 2011. "Monitoring and Tracking Long-Term Finance to Support Climate Action," OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group Papers 2011/3, OECD Publishing.
- Almuth Scholl, 2005.
"Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2005-054, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, revised Aug 2005.
- Almuth Scholl, 2009. "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(2), pages 377-391, April.
- Almuth Scholl, 2006. "Aid Effectiveness and Limited Enforceable Conditionality," 2006 Meeting Papers 292, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Volker Clausen & Hannah Schürenberg-Frosch, 2009.
"Aid, Spending Strategies and Productivity Effects – A Multi-sectoral CGE Analysis for Zambia,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
0127, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Clausen, Volker & Schürenberg-Frosch, Hannah, 2012. "Aid, spending strategies and productivity effects: A multi-sectoral CGE analysis for Zambia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2254-2268.
- William Easterly, 2003. "Can Foreign Aid Buy Growth?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 23-48, Summer.
- Jan Corfee-Morlot & Bruno Guay & Kate Larsen, 2009. "Financing Climate Change Mitigation: Towards a Framework for Measurement, Reporting and Verification," OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group Papers 2009/6, OECD Publishing.
- R. Lensink & H. White, 2001. "Are There Negative Returns to Aid?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 42-65.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "Aid Effectiveness on Growth. A Meta Study," Economics Working Papers 2005-13, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Sukumar Ganapati & Liguang Liu, 2009. "Sustainable development in the Clean Development Mechanism: the role of Designated National Authority in China and India," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(1), pages 43-60.
- Riddell, Roger C., 2008. "Does Foreign Aid Really Work?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199544462, March.
- Antoine Dechezleprêtre & Matthieu Glachant & Yann Ménière, 2009.
"Technology transfer by CDM projects: A comparison of Brazil, China, India and Mexico,"
- Dechezleprêtre, Antoine & Glachant, Matthieu & Ménière, Yann, 2009. "Technology transfer by CDM projects: A comparison of Brazil, China, India and Mexico," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 703-711, February.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 1999.
"Aid Effectiveness Disputed,"
62290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2009.
"The Aid Effectiveness Literature: The Sad Results Of 40 Years Of Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 433-461, 07.
- Doucouliagos , H. & Paldam, M., 2007. "The aid effectiveness literature: The sad results of 40 years of research," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0773, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2005. "The Aid Effectiveness Literature. The Sad Result of 40 Years of Research," Economics Working Papers 2005-15, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- David Popp, 2011. "International Technology Transfer, Climate Change, and the Clean Development Mechanism," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 131-152, Winter.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Sandler, Todd & Morrison, Kevin, 1999. "The Future of Development Assistance: Common Pools and International Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers 1629, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil R. Bhavnani & Samuel Bazzi, 2012. "Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(561), pages 590-617, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.