Assessing Foreign Aid.s Long-Run Contribution to Growth in Development
This paper confirms recent evidence of a positive impact of aid on growth and widens the scope of evaluation to a range of outcomes including proximate sources of growth (e.g., physical and human capital), indicators of social welfare (e.g., poverty and i
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birchler, Kassandra & Michaelowa, Katharina, 2013. "Making aid work for education in developing countries: An analysis of aid effectiveness for primary education coverage and quality," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001.
"Aid and growth regressions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Matthew Odedokun, 2003. "Analysis Of Deviations And Delays In Aid Disbursements," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 137-169, June.
- François Bourguignon & Mark Sundberg, 2007. "Aid Effectiveness – Opening the Black Box," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 316-321, May.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2005.
"Aid and Growth: What Does the Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?,"
NBER Working Papers
11513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2008. "Aid and Growth: What Does the Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 643-665, November.
- Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2005. "Aid and Growth: What Does the Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?," IMF Working Papers 05/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005. "Aid and Growth: What Does The Cross-Country Evidence Really Show?," Working Papers id:54, eSocialSciences.
- Tseday Jemaneh Mekasha & Finn Tarp, 2013.
"Aid and Growth: What Meta-Analysis Reveals,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(4), pages 564-583, April.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil R. Bhavnani & Samuel Bazzi, 2012. "Counting Chickens when they Hatch: Timing and the Effects of Aid on Growth," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(561), pages 590-617, 06.
- Misselhorn, Mark & Klasen, Stephan, 2006.
"Determinants of the Growth Semi-Elasticity of Poverty Reduction,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006
15, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Stephan Klasen & Mark Misselhorn, 2008. "Determinants of the Growth Semi-Elasticity of Poverty Reduction," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 176, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2006.
"Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
12269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2007. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 925-985, December.
- Frot, Emmanuel & Perrotta, Maria, 2009. "Aid Eff ectiveness: New Instrument, New Results?," SITE Working Paper Series 11, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaelowa, Katharina, 2004. "Aid Effectiveness Reconsidered: Panel Data Evidence for the Education Sector," HWWA Discussion Papers 264, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Tavares, Jose, 2003. "Does foreign aid corrupt?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 99-106, April.
- Alexander Pivovarsky & Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Erwin Tiongson, 2003. "Foreign Aid and Revenue Response: Does the Composition of Aid Matter?," IMF Working Papers 03/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Pack, Howard & Pack, Janet Rothenberg, 1993. "Foreign Aid and the Question of Fungibility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 258-65, May.
- Odedokun, Matthew, 2003. "Analysis of Deviations and Delays in Aid Disbursements," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Todd Moss & Gunilla Pettersson & Nicolas van de Walle, 2006. "An Aid-Institutions Paradox? A Review Essay on Aid Dependency and State Building in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 74, Center for Global Development.
- Michael Clemens & Samuel Bazzi, 2009. "Blunt Instruments: On Establishing the Causes of Economic Growth," Working Papers 171, Center for Global Development.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-29, October.
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2004. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: A Production Function Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Jack, William & Lewis, Maureen, 2009. "Health investments and economic growth : macroeconomic evidence and microeconomic foundations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4877, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.