Global poverty, aid, and middle-income countries: Are the country classifications moribund or is global poverty in the process of .nationalizing.?
The majority of the world.s poor, by income poverty and multi-dimensional poverty, now live in countries officially classified by the World Bank as middle-income countries. Of course nothing happens when a country crosses a (somewhat) arbitrary threshold
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Katajanokanlaituri 6B, 00160 Helsinki|
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angus Deaton, 2010. "Price Indexes, Inequality, and the Measurement of World Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 5-34, March.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 476-487, August.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009.
"Do poorer countries have less capacity for redistribution ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5046, The World Bank.
- Ravallion Martin, 2010. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-31, December.
- Martin Ravallion, 2011. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager Chinese 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Martin Ravallion, 2009. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5902, The World Bank.
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Kenneth Harttgen and Stephan Klasen, 2010.
"Fragility And Mdg Progress: How Useful Is The Fragility Concept?,"
EUI-RSCAS Working Papers
20, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Kenneth Harttgen and Stephan Klasen, 2010. "Fragility And Mdg Progress: How Useful Is The Fragility Concept?," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/20, European University Institute.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen, 2010. "Fragility and MDG Progress: How useful is the Fragility Concept?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 41, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Rauniyar, Ganesh P. & Kanbur, Ravi, 2010. "Inclusive Development: Two Papers on Conceptualization, Application, and the ADB Perspective," Working Papers 57036, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2008.
"Understanding PPPs and PPP-based national accounts,"
NBER Working Papers
14499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2010. "Understanding PPPs and PPP-Based National Accounts," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-35, October.
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2009. "Understanding PPPs and PPP-based national accounts," Working Papers 1186, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- World Bank, 2011. "World Development Indicators 2011," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2315.
- Frank-Oliver Aldenhoff, 2007. "Are economic forecasts of the International Monetary Fund politically biased? A public choice analysis," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 239-260, September.
- Sabina Alkire, 2011. "Multidimensional Poverty and its Discontents," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp046, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fabio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2007.
"Conditional Cash Transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: Impacts upon Inequality,"
35, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Sergei Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fábio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2009. "Conditional cash transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: impacts upon inequality," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 0(Special i), pages 207-224.
- Frantz, Telmo Rudi, 1987. "The role of NGOs in the strengthening of civil society," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages S121-S127.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:presidential%20address%2017january%202010%20all is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Bruck Tadesse to update the entry or send us the correct email address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.