Global Poverty, Aid, and Middle-Income Countries: Are the Country Classifications Moribund or is Global Poverty in the Process of 'Nationalizing'?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen, 2010.
"Fragility and MDG Progress: How useful is the Fragility Concept?,"
Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers
41, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Kenneth Harttgen and Stephan Klasen, 2010. "Fragility And Mdg Progress: How Useful Is The Fragility Concept?," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/20, European University Institute.
- Kenneth Harttgen and Stephan Klasen, 2010. "Fragility And Mdg Progress: How Useful Is The Fragility Concept?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 20, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Ravallion Martin, 2010.
"Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-31, December.
- Martin Ravallion, 2009. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "Do poorer countries have less capacity for redistribution ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5046, The World Bank.
- Martin Ravallion, 2011. "Do Poorer Countries Have Less Capacity for Redistribution?," One Pager Chinese 97, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 476-487, August.
- Luis López-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2014.
"A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2011. "A vulnerability approach to the definition of the middle class," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5902, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2010.
"Price Indexes, Inequality, and the Measurement of World Poverty,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 5-34, March.
- Angus Deaton, 2010. "Price indexes, inequality, and the measurement of world poverty," Working Papers 1207, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2010.
"Understanding PPPs and PPP-Based National Accounts,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-35, October.
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2008. "Understanding PPPs and PPP-based national accounts," NBER Working Papers 14499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton & Alan Heston, 2009. "Understanding PPPs and PPP-based national accounts," Working Papers 1186, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Sergei Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fábio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2009.
"Conditional cash transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: impacts upon inequality,"
El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 0(Special i), pages 207-224.
- Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Rafael Guerreiro Osório & Fabio Veras Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Eduardo Zepeda, 2007. "Conditional Cash Transfers in Brazil, Chile and Mexico: Impacts upon Inequality," Working Papers 35, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Frank-Oliver Aldenhoff, 2007. "Are economic forecasts of the International Monetary Fund politically biased? A public choice analysis," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 239-260, September.
- Sabina Alkire, 2011. "Multidimensional Poverty and its Discontents," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp046, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Frantz, Telmo Rudi, 1987. "The role of NGOs in the strengthening of civil society," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages 121-127.
- World Bank, 2011. "World Development Indicators 2011," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2315, April.
- Rauniyar, Ganesh P. & Kanbur, Ravi, 2010. "Inclusive Development: Two Papers on Conceptualization, Application, and the ADB Perspective," Working Papers 57036, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:presidential%20address%2017january%202010%20all is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clara Capelli & Gianni Vaggi, 2014. "Why Gross National Disposable Income should substitute Gross National Income," DEM Working Papers Series 091, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Tamas Novak, 2015. "Innovative finance for development - Instruments of social integration and responsibility in lower-middle-income countries (LMICs)," IWE Working Papers 212, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic assistance and foreign aid; Economic development; Finance (Infrastructure (Economics)); Poverty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.