Prioritizing rural investments in Africa: A hybrid evaluation approach applied to Uganda
Prioritizing public investments requires information on relative returns that are difficult to derive from disparate evaluation studies. This paper presents a .hybrid. approach that combines ex post evaluation data with an economy-wide model for experimen
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem & de Hoop, Kobus, 2009. "Assessing Sector-wide Programs with Statistical Impact Evaluation: A Methodological Proposal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 513-520, February.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen, 2004.
"Public investment and regional inequality in rural China,"
Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 89-100, March.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen, 2000. "Public investment and regional inequality in rural China:," EPTD discussion papers 71, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Channing Arndt & M. Azhar Hussain & E. Samuel Jones & Virgulino Nhate & Finn Tarp & James Thurlow, 2011. "Explaining Poverty Evolution: The Case of Mozambique," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Marrit Van Den Berg & Ruerd Ruben, 2006. "Small-Scale irrigation and income distribution in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 868-880.
- Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip, 2005. "Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 481-496, March.
- Manfred Wiebelt & Karl Pauw & John Mary Matovu & Evarist Twimukye & Todd Benson, 2011.
"Managing Future Oil Revenues in Uganda for Agricultural Development and Poverty Reduction: A CGE Analysis of Challenges and Options,"
Kiel Working Papers
1696, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Wiebelt, Manfred & Pauw, Karl & Matovu, John Mary & Twimukye, Evarist & Benson, Todd, 2011. "Managing future oil revenue in Uganda for agricultural development and poverty reduction: A CGE analysis of challenges and options," IFPRI discussion papers 1122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Inocencio, Arlene & Kikuchi, Masao & Tonosaki, Manabu & Maruyama, Atsushi & Merrey, Douglas & Sally, Hilmy & de Jong, Ijsbrand, 2007. "Costs and performance of irrigation projects: A comparison of Sub-Saharan Africa and other developing regions," IWMI Research Reports H036214, International Water Management Institute.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2002.
"A Policy Agenda For Pro Poor Agricultural Growth,"
ADU Working Papers
10923, Imperial College at Wye, Department of Agricultural Sciences.
- Raballand, Gael & Macchi, Patricia & Merotto, Dino & Petracco, Carly, 2009. "Revising the roads investment strategy in rural areas : an application for Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5036, The World Bank.
- repec:fpr:ifprib:xinshendiao is not listed on IDEAS
- Hussain, Intizar & Hanjra, Munir, . "Irrigation and poverty alleviation: review of the empirical evidence," Papers published in Journals (Open Access) h034483, International Water Management Institute.
- Andrew Dillon, 2011.
"Do Differences in the Scale of Irrigation Projects Generate Different Impacts on Poverty and Production?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 474-492, 06.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2010. "Do differences in the scale of irrigation projects generate different impacts on poverty and production?," IFPRI discussion papers 1022, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shenggen Fan & Xiaobo Zhang, 2008.
"Public Expenditure, Growth and Poverty Reduction in Rural Uganda,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 20(3), pages 466-496.
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Xiaobo & Rao, Neetha, 2004. "Public expenditure, growth, and poverty reduction in rural Uganda," DSGD discussion papers 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell & Sukhadeo Thorat, 2000. "Government Spending, Growth and Poverty in Rural India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1038-1051.
- Samuel Benin & Ephraim Nkonya & Geresom Okecho & Joseé Randriamamonjy & Edward Kato & Geofrey Lubade & Miriam Kyotalimye, 2011. "Returns to spending on agricultural extension: the case of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) program of Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 249-267, 03.
- Paul Dorosh & James Thurlow, 2012. "Agglomeration, Growth and Regional Equity: An Analysis of Agriculture- versus Urban-led Development in Uganda," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 21(1), pages 94-123, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-060. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.