Aid and Poverty: Why Does Aid Not Address Poverty (Much)?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Shepherd, 2001. "Consolidating the lessons of 50 years of 'development'," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 315-320.
- Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem & de Hoop, Kobus, 2009. "Assessing Sector-wide Programs with Statistical Impact Evaluation: A Methodological Proposal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 513-520, February.
- Armando Barrientos & James Scott, 2008. "Social Transfers and Growth: A Review," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 5208, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Angus Deaton & Olivier Dupriez, 2011.
"Purchasing Power Parity Exchange Rates for the Global Poor,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 137-166, April.
- Angus Deaton & Olivier Dupriez, 2009. "Purchasing power parity exchange rates for the global poor," Working Papers 1187, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blessing Chiripanhura & Miguel Niño‐Zarazúa, 2015.
"Aid, Political Business Cycles and Growth in Africa,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 1387-1421, November.
- Chiripanhura, Blessing M. & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2014. "Aid, political business cycles and growth in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 145, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & Miguel Niño‐Zarazúa & Finn Tarp, 2015. "Aid, Social Policy and Development," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(8), pages 1351-1365, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic assistance and foreign aid; Economic development; Poverty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2013-05-11 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2013-05-11 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2013-020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .