Pro-poor Service Delivery and Social Identity: An Experimental Investigation
India addressed the requirement for pro-poor service delivery in rural regions by introducing decentralization and affirmative action policies. In order to measure the social preferences of local decision makers, we conducted field experiments which simul
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando Aguiar & Pablo Bra�as-Garza & Luis M. Miller, 2008.
"Moral distance in dictator games,"
Judgment and Decision Making,
Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 344-354, April.
- Fernando Aguiar & Pablo Branas-Garza & Luis M. Miller, 2007. "Moral Distance and Moral Motivations in Dictator Games," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-047, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- David Reiley & John List, 2008.
Artefactual Field Experiments
00091, The Field Experiments Website.
- Pranab Bardhan & Dilip Mookherjee, 2006.
"Pro-Poor Targeting and Accountability of Local Governments in West Bengal,"
- Bardhan, Pranab & Mookherjee, Dilip, 2006. "Pro-poor targeting and accountability of local governments in West Bengal," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 303-327, April.
- Pranab Bardhan & Dilip Mookherjee, 2003. "Pro-Poor Targeting and Accountability of Local Governments in West Bengal," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-138, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Beggs, S. & Cardell, S. & Hausman, J., 1981. "Assessing the potential demand for electric cars," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Néstor Gandelman & Eduardo Gandelman & Marco Castillo & Juan Camilo Cárdenas & David Bravo & Rajiv Sethi & Claudia Sanhueza & Ximena Soruco & Hugo R. Ñopo & Máximo Rossi & Víctor Elías & Julio Elías &, 2010.
"Discrimination in Latin America: An Economic Perspective,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 60358 edited by Hugo R. Ñopo & Alberto E. Chong & Andrea Moro.
- Hugo Nopo & Alberto Chong & Andrea Moro, 2010. "Discrimination in Latin America : An Economic Perspective," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2694, October.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Gautam Gupta & Olof Johansson-Stenman, 2009. "Keeping up with the Vaishyas? Caste and relative standing in India," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 52-73, January.
- Gajwani, Kiran & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2008. "Gender, caste, and public goods provision in Indian village governments:," IFPRI discussion papers 807, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus, 2006.
"Pride and Prejudice: The Human Side of Incentive Theory,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5768, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson, 2008. "Pride and Prejudice: The Human Side of Incentive Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 990-1008, June.
- Keefer, Philip & Khemani, Stuti, 2003. "Democracy, public expenditures, and the poor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3164, The World Bank.
- Thomas Markussen, 2010. "Inequality and Political Clientelism: Evidence from South India," Discussion Papers 10-26, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Ruud, Paul A., 1987. "Specifying and testing econometric models for rank-ordered data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 83-104.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Timothy N. Cason & Vai-Lam Mui, 2003. "Testing Political Economy Models of Reform in the Laboratory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 208-212, May.
- Akerlof George A & Kranton Rachel, 2010. "Identity Economics," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-3, June.
- Charness, Gary & Gneezy, Uri, 2008. "What's in a name? Anonymity and social distance in dictator and ultimatum games," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-35, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2012-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.