Income Inequality, Redistribution and Poverty: Contrasting rational choice and behavioural perspectives
Based on the standard axiom of individual utility maximization, rational choice has postulated that higher income inequality translates into greater redistribution by shaping the median voter?s preferences. While numerous papers have tested this propositi
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011.
"Growth, inequality, and poverty reduction in developing countries: recent global evidence,"
Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series
14711, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011. "Growth, Inequality, and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries: Recent Global Evidence," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011. "Growth, Inequality, and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries: Recent Global Evidence," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2011. "Growth, Inequality, and Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries: Recent Global Evidence," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2011-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Lopez, Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2006. "A normal relationship ? Poverty, growth, and inequality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3814, The World Bank.
- Paolo Verme, 2010.
"Life Satisfaction and Income Inequality,"
2010-15, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Rainald Borck, 2007.
"Voting, Inequality And Redistribution,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 90-109, 02.
- Howard White, 2001. "National and international redistribution as tools for poverty reduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(3), pages 343-351.
- François Bourguignon & Martin Fournier & Marc Gurgand, 1999.
"Fast Development with a Stable Income Distribution : Taiwan, 1979-1994,"
99-21, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Bourguignon, F. & Fournier, M. & Gurgand, M., 2000. "Fast Development with a Stable Income Distribution: Taiwan, 1979-1994," DELTA Working Papers 2000-07, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Paola Profeta, 2007.
"The Redistributive Design of Social Security Systems,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(520), pages 686-712, 04.
- J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Paola Profeta, 2007. "The Redistributive Design of Social Security Systems," Working Papers 2007-07, FEDEA.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Bassett, William F. & Burkett, John P. & Putterman, Louis, 1999. "Income distribution, government transfers, and the problem of unequal influence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 207-228, June.
- Bartels, Larry, 2005. "Economic Inequality and Political Representation," Papers 08-11-2005, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2012-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.