Trans-border Land Acquisitions: A New Guise of Outsourcing and Host Country Effects
The rush for land acquisition?primarily driven by food shortages, food price volatility, and the run for agrofuel?has drawn considerable attention, as documented by reports published in late 2009, 2010, and 2011. Terminological differences aside, it is?qu
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Satya Das, 2005. "Gradual globalization and inequality between and within countries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 852-869, August.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2009. "Wage inequality, welfare and downsizing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 75-77, May.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2015.
"What Drives the Global "Land Rush"?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 207-233.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2015. "What Drives the Global “Land Rush”?," Post-Print hal-01203031, HAL.
- Harris Selod & Klaus W. Deininger & Rabah Arezki, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," IMF Working Papers 11/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Arezki, Rabah & Deininger, Klaus & Selod, Harris, 2011. "What drives the global"land rush"?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5864, The World Bank.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3666, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2014. "What Drives the Global 'Land Rush'?," OxCarre Working Papers 120, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2013. "What Drives the Global "Land Rush"?," Economics Series Working Papers OxCarre Research Paper 12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2012. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," OxCarre Working Papers 072, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Bouet, Antoine & Laborde Debucquet, David, 2010. "Economics of export taxation in a context of food crisis," IFPRI discussion papers 994, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit & Reza Oladi, 2006. "Uniform Technical Progress: Can It Be Harmful?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 33-38, 02.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557.
- Weiss, Matthias, 2008.
"Skill-biased technological change: Is there hope for the unskilled?,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 439-441, September.
- Matthias Weiss, 2004. "Skill-Biased Technological Change: Is there Hope for the Unskilled?," MEA discussion paper series 04045, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Globalization and the Theory of Input Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026210086x, June.
- Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Openness and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: The Latin American Challenge to East Asian Conventional Wisdom," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Gouranga Das, 2009. "A hybrid production structure in trade: theory and implications," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 56(4), pages 359-375, December.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-48, December.
- von Braun, Joachim & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela, 2009. ""Land grabbing" by foreign investors in developing countries: Risks and opportunities," Policy briefs 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Anwar, Sajid, 2006. "Factor mobility and wage inequality in the presence of specialisation-based external economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 88-93, October.
- Choi, E. Kwan & Harrigan, James, 2003. "Handbook of International Trade," Staff General Research Papers 11375, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2012-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.