Aid and Growth Accelerations: Vulnerability Matters
This paper confronts three conundrums. First, does the relationship between aid and growth fade over time when aid is successful? Second, why are aid inflows neglected in the literature on growth acceleration (or episodes). Third, why is country vulnerabi
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.wider.unu.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arbache, Jorge Saba & Page, John, 2007. "More growth or fewer collapses ? a new look at long run growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4384, The World Bank.
- Patrick Guillaumont & Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney, 2011. "Big Push versus Absorptive Capacity: How to Reconcile the Two Approaches," Working Papers halshs-00564565, HAL.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, June.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, June.
- Paul Collier & Benedikt Goderis, 2007.
"Does Aid Mitigate External Shocks?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2007-18, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Collier, Paul & Goderis, Benedikt, 2008. "Does Aid Mitigate External Shocks?," Working Paper Series DP2008/06, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Paul Collier & Benedikt Goderis, 2010. "Does Aid Mitigate External Shocks?," Working Papers id:3216, eSocialSciences.
- Paul Collier & Benedikt Goderis, 2007. "Does aid mitigate external shocks?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2007-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Martin Paldam, 2006.
"Aid Effectiveness on Accumulation: A Meta Study,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 227-254, 05.
- Jonas Dovern & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2007. "Aid and Growth Accelerations: An Alternative Approach to Assessing the Effectiveness of Aid," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 359-383, 08.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Catherine A. Pattillo & Kevin Joseph Carey, 2005. "Sustaining Growth Accelerations and Pro-Poor Growth in Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Sampawende Jules TAPSOBA & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2009.
"Aid and Income Stabilization,"
- P. Guillaumont & L. Chauvet, 2001.
"Aid and Performance: A Reassessment,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 66-92.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Gustavo Canavire & Luis Triveño, 2004.
"Targeting Aid to the Needy and Deserving: Nothing But Promises?,"
Kiel Working Papers
1229, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Peter Nunnenkamp & Rainer Thiele, 2006. "Targeting Aid to the Needy and Deserving: Nothing But Promises?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(9), pages 1177-1201, 09.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer, 2006. "Targeting aid to the needy and deserving : nothing but promises?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3875, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Arndt Channing & Jones Sam & Tarp Finn, 2010.
"Aid, Growth, and Development: Have We Come Full Circle?,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-29, December.
- Channing, Arndt & Jones, Sam & Tarp, Finn, 2010. "Aid, Growth, and Development Have We Come Full Circle?," Working Paper Series wp2010-96, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Laurent WAGNER, 2008. "Thresholds in Aid Effectiveness," Working Papers 200822, CERDI.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2012-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.