A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sherman Robinson & Dirk Willenbockel & Kenneth Strzepek, 2012. "A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change in Ethiopia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 489-502, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fankhauser, Samuel & S.J. Tol, Richard, 2005. "On climate change and economic growth," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Robinson, Sherman & Willenbockel, Dirk & Ahmed, Hashim & Dorosh, Paul, 2010. "Implications of food production and price shocks for household welfare in Ethiopia: a general equilibrium analysis," MPRA Paper 39533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arndt, Channing & Strzepeck, Kenneth & Tarp, Finn & Thurlow, James & Fant, Charles & Wright, Len, 2010. "Adapting to Climate Change An Integrated Biophysical and Economic Assessment for Mozambique," WIDER Working Paper Series 101, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2010. "Economics of Adaptation to Climate Change : Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12750, The World Bank.
- Robinson, Sherman & Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Lewis, Jeffrey D. & Devarajan, Shantayanan, 1999. "From stylized to applied models:: Building multisector CGE models for policy analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 5-38.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amsalu Woldie Yalew, 2016. "Economy-wide Effects of Climate Change in Ethiopia," EcoMod2016 9750, EcoMod.
- Headey, Derek & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum & You, Liangzhi, 2014. "Diversification and Development in Pastoralist Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 200-213.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Stage, Jesper & Mekonnen, Alemu & Alemu, Atlaw, 2016. "Climate change and the Ethiopian economy: a CGE analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 205-225, April.
- Yalew, Amsalu W. & Hirte, Georg & Lotze-Campen, Hermann & Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2017. "General equilibrium effects of public adaptation in agriculture in LDCs: Evidence from Ethiopia," CEPIE Working Papers 11/17, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- repec:bla:agecon:v:48:y:2017:i:6:p:693-706 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elshennawy, Abeer & Robinson, Sherman & Willenbockel, Dirk, 2016.
"Climate change and economic growth: An intertemporal general equilibrium analysis for Egypt,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 681-689.
- Elshennawy, Abeer & Robinson, Sherman & Willenbockel, Dirk, 2013. "Climate Change and Economic Growth: An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Analysis for Egypt," MPRA Paper 47703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dirk Willenbockel & Abeer Elshennawy & Sherman Robinson, 2013. "Climate Change and Economic Growth: An Intertemporal General Equilibrium Analysis for Egypt," EcoMod2013 5325, EcoMod.
- Paul Block & Kenneth Strzepek, 2012. "Power Ahead: Meeting Ethiopia's Energy Needs Under a Changing Climate," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 476-488, August.
- Yalew, Amsalu W. & Hirte, Georg & Lotze-Campen, Hermann & Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2017. "Economic effects of climate change in developing countries: Economy-wide and regional analysis for Ethiopia," CEPIE Working Papers 10/17, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Renkow, Mitch & Slade, Roger, 2013. "An assessment of IFPRI's work in Ethiopia 1995-2010: Ideology, influence, and idiosyncrasy," Impact assessments 36, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Block, Paul, 2011. "Power Ahead: Meeting Ethiopiaâ..s Energy Needs under a Changing Climate," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Channing Arndt & Paul Chinowsky & Sherman Robinson & Kenneth Strzepek & Finn Tarp & James Thurlow, 2012. "Economic Development under Climate Change," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 369-377, August.
- Montaud, Jean-Marc & Pecastaing, Nicolas & Tankari, Mahamadou, 2017. "Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 128-142.
- Willenbockel, Dirk, 2017. "Macroeconomic Effects of a Low-Carbon Electricity Transition in Kenya and Ghana: An Exploratory Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," MPRA Paper 78070, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kan, Iddo & Kimhi, Ayal & Kaminski, Jonathan, 2015. "Climate-Change Impacts on Agriculture and Food Markets: Combining a Micro-Level Structural Land-Use Model and a Market-Level Equilibrium Model," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205128, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Alemu Mekonnen, 2014. "Economic Costs of Climate Change and Climate Finance with a Focus on Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 23(suppl_2), pages 50-82.
- Sam Fankhauser, 2016. "Adaptation to climate change," GRI Working Papers 255, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Kan, Iddo & Kimhi, Ayal & Kaminski, Jonathan, 2015. "Micro-Macro Impacts of Climate-Change on Agriculture and Food Markets," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211828, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsCGE analysis; global warming; growth; adaptation costs; development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-03-28 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-03-28 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-03-28 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2011-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .