The Excluded Poor: How Targeting Has Left out the Poor in Peripheral Cities in the Philippines
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Philip Amis & Ursula Grant, 2001. "Urban economic growth, civic engagement and poverty reduction," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 997-1002.
- Caterina Ruggeri Laderchi & Ruhi Saith & Frances Stewart, 2003.
"Does it Matter that we do not Agree on the Definition of Poverty? A Comparison of Four Approaches,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 243-274.
- Caterina Ruggeri Laderchi, Ruhi Saith and Frances Stewart, "undated". "Does it matter that we don't agree on the definition of poverty? A comparison of four approaches," QEH Working Papers qehwps107, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Hal Hill & Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2012. "Introduction," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 129-142, August.
- Thomas Pogge, 2008. "Where the Line is Drawn. A Rejoinder to Ravallion," One Pager 69, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- del Prado, Fatima & Acejo, Iris L. & Remolino, Darlyne, 2004. "Tourism Fuels an Emerging City: The Case of Tagbilaran City, Bohol," Discussion Papers DP 2004-53, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L., 1999. "Are Urban Poverty and Undernutrition Growing? Some Newly Assembled Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1891-1904, November.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2004. "Changes in Spatial Income Inequality in the Philippines: An Exploratory Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordsurban poverty; poverty targeting; Philippine cities;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2010-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .