The Face of Urban Poverty Explaining the Prevalence of Slums in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Governance matters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2196, The World Bank.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Aggregating governance indicators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2195, The World Bank.
- Mayo, Stephen K & Malpezzi, Stephen & Gross, David J, 1986. "Shelter Strategies for the Urban Poor in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 183-203, July.
- Ben Arimah, 2004. "Poverty Reduction and Human Development in Africa," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 399-415.
- Sumila Gulyani & Ellen M Bassett, 2007. "Retrieving the baby from the bathwater: slum upgrading in Sub-Saharan Africa," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(4), pages 486-515, August.
More about this item
Keywordsurban poverty; slums; developing countries; inter-country differences;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-04-04 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2010-04-04 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-SEA-2010-04-04 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2010-04-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2010-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .