Conflict and Entrepreneurial Activity in Afghanistan: Findings from the National Risk Vulnerability Assessment Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Siyan Chen & Norman V. Loayza & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2008.
"The Aftermath of Civil War,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(1), pages 63-85, February.
- Chen, Siyan & Loayza, Norman V. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2007. "The aftermath of civil war," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4190, The World Bank.
- Siyan Chen & Norman V. Loayza & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2007. "The aftermath of Civil War," Economics Working Papers 1043, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1988. "Expected Poverty under Risk-Induced Welfare Variability," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1171-1182, December.
- Patricia Justino, 2009.
"Poverty and Violent Conflict: A Micro-Level Perspective on the Causes and Duration of Warfare,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 46(3), pages 315-333, May.
- Patricia Justino, 2008. "Poverty and Violent Conflict: A Micro-Level Perspective on the Causes and Duration of Warfare," HiCN Working Papers 46, Households in Conflict Network.
- Patricia Justino, 2008. "Poverty and Violent Conflict: A Micro Level Perspective on the Causes and Duration of Warfare," Research Working Papers 6, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- Simeon Djankov & Yingyi Qian & Gérard Roland & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2006.
"Entrepreneurship in China and Russia Compared,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 352-365, 04-05.
- Simeon Djankov & Yingyi Qian & Gerard Roland & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2005. "Entrepreneurship in China and Russia Compared," Working Papers w0049, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Djankov, Simeon & Qian, Yingyi & Roland, Gérard & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2006. "Entrepreneurship in China and Russia Compared," CEPR Discussion Papers 5705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2003.
"Economic development as self-discovery,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 603-633, December.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Dani Rodrik, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," NBER Working Papers 8952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self Discovery," CEPR Discussion Papers 3356, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Rodrik, Dani, 2002. "Economic Development as Self-Discovery," Working Paper Series rwp02-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Mario Cimoli & Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson & Joseph Stiglitz, 2006. "Institutions and Policies Shaping Industrial Development: An Introductory Note," LEM Papers Series 2006/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Parto, Saeed & Ciarli, Tommaso & Arora, Saurabh, 2005. "Economic growth, innovation systems, and institutional change: A Trilogy in Five Parts," Research Memorandum 020, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Murat Iyigun & Dani Rodrik, 2004.
"On the Efficacy of Reforms: Policy Tinkering, Institutional Change, and Entrepreneurship,"
NBER Working Papers
10455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iyigun, Murat & Rodrik, Dani, 2004. "On the Efficacy of Reforms: Policy Tinkering, Institutional Change and Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 4399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- Zoltan Acs, 2006. "How Is Entrepreneurship Good for Economic Growth?," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 97-107, March.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Renault, Eric & Trognon, Alain, 1987. "Generalised residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 5-32.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2006. "Entrepreneurship, Growth and Restructuring," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Tom Bundervoet, 2006. "Livestock, Activity Choices and Conflict: Evidence from Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 24, Households in Conflict Network.
- Leeson, Peter T. & Boettke, Peter J., 2009. "Two-tiered entrepreneurship and economic development," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 252-259, September.
- Tilman Brück, 2004.
"The Welfare Effects of Farm Household Activity Choices in Post-War Mozambique,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
413, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Tilman Brück, 2004. "The Welfare Effects of Farm Household Activity Choices in Post-War Mozambique," HiCN Working Papers 04, Households in Conflict Network.
- Neil Cooper, 2006. "Peaceful warriors and warring peacemakers," Economics of Peace and Security Journal, EPS Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 20-24, January.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 2003.
"Tropics, germs, and crops: how endowments influence economic development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 3-39, January.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 9106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 2002. "Tropics, Germs, and Crops: How Endowments Influence Economic Development," Working Papers 15, Center for Global Development.
- Rafael Gomez & Eric Santor, 2001.
"Membership has its privileges: the effect of social capital and neighbourhood characteristics on the earnings of microfinance borrowers,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 943-966, November.
- Gomez, Rafael & Santor, Eric, 2001. "Membership has its priveleges : the effect of social capital and neighbourhood characteristics on the earnings of microfinance borrowers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 361, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Astebro, Thomas & Bernhardt, Irwin, 2003.
"Start-up financing, owner characteristics, and survival,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 303-319.
- Thomas Astebro & Irwin Bernhardt, 2003. "Start-up financing, owner characteristics, and survival," Post-Print hal-00480047, HAL.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:1:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Migration, Remittances, and Male and Female Employment Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Smallbone, David & Welter, Friederike, 2001. "The Distinctiveness of Entrepreneurship in Transition Economies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 249-262, June.
- Christian Cordes, 2005.
"Veblen’s “Instinct of Workmanship,” Its Cognitive Foundations, and Some Implications for Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Christian Cordes, 2004. "Veblen's "Instinct of Workmanship," its Cognitive Foundations, and Some Implications for Economic Theory," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2004-01, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Gavrilova, Evelina, 2014. "Income and Livelihoods in the War in Afghanistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 113-131.
- Stel, Nora, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and innovation in a hybrid political order: The case of Lebanon," MERIT Working Papers 078, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Brück, Tilman & Naudé, Wim & Verwimp, Philip, 2013. "Entrepreneurship and Violent Conflict in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 028, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nora Stel, 2012. "Business by Generator The impact of fragility and hybridity on Lebanese entrepreneurship – A Case-Study of the Electricity Sector," Working Papers 2012/52, Maastricht School of Management.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; conflict; Afghanistan; national risk vulnerability assessment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-02-27 (Development)
- NEP-ENT-2010-02-27 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2010-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.