Measuring Skill-upgrading in the Dutch Labor Market
An important factor of shifts in the skills composition of the workforceis the upgrading of the qualifications demanded in the variousjobs in the economy, the so-called skill-upgrading. This skill-upgradingis principally caused by the development of new technologies that demandmore or different skills to be efficiently operated or by organizationalchanges that lead to increase the skills demanded to perfomthe tasks of the various occupations. Drawing from the microeconomicfoundations of demand shifts, this paper presents an empiricalmethodology to estimate the speed of skill-upgrading in different periods.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht|
Web page: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dupuy,Arnaud & Borghans,Lex, 2003.
"Supply and Demand, Allocation and Wage Inequality: An International Comparison,"
ROA Research Memorandum
009, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Arnaud Dupuy & Lex Borghans, 2005. "Supply and demand, allocation and wage inequality: an international comparison," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 1073-1088.
- Dupuy, Arnaud & Borghans, Lex, 2003. "Supply and Demand, Allocation and Wage Inequality: An International Comparison," IZA Discussion Papers 907, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Evans, Graham J & Lindley, Robert M, 1973. "The Use of RAS and Related Models in Manpower Forecasting," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 13(1-2), pages 53-73.
- van Eijs, Patrick & Borghans, Lex, 1996. "The use of RAS in manpower forecasting: A microeconomic approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 257-287, April.
- Kadas, Sandor A. & Klafszky, Emil, 1976. "Estimation of the parameters in the gravity model for trip distribution : A new method and solution algorithm," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 439-457, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umarow:2006003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.