The Determinants Of Expatriation In Japanese Multinationals: Vertical Business Groups And Executive Staffing Policies In Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosalie L Tung, 1984. "Human Resource Planning in Japanese Multinationals: A Model for U.S. Firms?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 15(2), pages 139-149, June.
- Asha Rao & Keiji Hashimoto, 1996. "Intercultural Influence: A Study of Japanese Expatriate Managers in Canada," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(3), pages 443-466, September.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1985. "Control: Organizational and Economic Approaches," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 134-149, February.
- Jung Hoon Derick Sohn, 1994. "Social Knowledge as a Control System: A Proposition and Evidence from the Japanese FDI behavior," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 295-324, June.
- Sako, Mari, 1999. "From Individual Skills to Organizational Capability in Japan," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 114-126, Spring.
- Beamish, Paul W. & Inkpen, Andrew C., 1998. "Japanese firms and the decline of the Japanese expatriate," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 35-50.
- Linda Longfellow Blodgett, 1991. "Partner Contributions as Predictors of Equity Share in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 63-78, March.
- Phillip M Rosenzweig & Nitin Nohria, 1994. "Influences on Human Resource Management Practices in Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 229-251, June.
- Ahmed, Shaghil & Ickes, Barry W. & Ping Wang & Byung Sam Yoo, 1993. "International Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 335-359, June.
- Goto, Akira, 1982. "Business groups in a market economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 53-70.
- Wakasugi, Ryuhei, 1992. "Why are Japanese firms so innovative in engineering technology?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Sako, Mari, 1996. "Suppliers' Associations in the Japanese Automobile Industry: Collective Action for Technology Diffusion," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(6), pages 651-671, November.
More about this item
Keywordslabour economics ;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2003055. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .