Impact of Working Time on Children’s Health
This paper looks in detail at the relationship between the intensity of children's work (i.e., children's weekly working hours) and children's health outcomes, making use of household survey data from Bangladesh, Brazil, and Cambodia. The paper focuses only on the subset of children at work in economic activity. It relies on two sets of measures: self-reported health problems and injuries.The analysis points to a causal relationship between working hours and children's health outcomes.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 06 4341 2008
Fax: +39 06 6792 197
Web page: http://www.ucw-project.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barrera, Albino, 1990. "The role of maternal schooling and its interaction with public health programs in child health production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-91, January.
- Lisa A. Cameron, 2001.
"The Impact of the Indonesian Financial Crisis on Children: An analysis using the 100 villages data,"
inwopa01/10, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Lisa Cameron, 2001. "The Impact Of The Indonesian Financial Crisis On Children: An Analysis Using The 100 Villages Data," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 43-64.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C158-75, March.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- Heady, Christopher, 2003. "The Effect of Child Labor on Learning Achievement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 385-398, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucw:worpap:12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriella Breglia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.