Coordinating Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes: Lessons from the Canadian Experience
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bird, Richard M. & Mintz, Jack M. & Wilson, Thomas A., 2006. "Coordinating Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes: Lessons From the Canadian Experience," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 59(4), pages 889-903, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- M.C. Wassenaar & R.H.J.M. Gradus, 2004. "Contracting out: The Importance of a Solution for the VAT Distortion," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 50(2), pages 377-396.
- Chun-Yan Kuo & Thomas Mcgirr & Satya Poddar, 1988. "Measuring the Non-Neutralities of Sales and Excise Taxes in Canada," Development Discussion Papers 1988-08, JDI Executive Programs.
- Charles McLure, 2000. "Implementing Subnational Value Added Taxes on Internal Trade: The Compensating VAT (CVAT)," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(6), pages 723-740, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Smart & Richard M. Bird, 2009. "The Economic Incidence of Replacing a Retail Sales Tax with a Value-Added Tax: Evidence from Canadian Experience," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 35(1), pages 85-97, March.
- Rajesh Chadha, 2010. "Moving to Goods and Services Tax in India: Impact on Indiaâ€™s Growth and International Trade," Working Papers id:2764, eSocialSciences.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Barry Bosworth, 2011. "Fiscal Consolidation in America: The Policy Options," Departmental Working Papers 201120, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Richard M. Bird, 2012.
"The GST/HST: Creating an Integrated Sales Tax in a Federal Country,"
SPP Research Papers,
The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary, vol. 5(12), March.
- Richard M. Bird, 2012. "The GST/HST: Creating an Integrated Sales Tax in a Federal Country," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1221, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Mare, Mauro, 2015. "Why and How should the EU budget be reformed?," MPRA Paper 76112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Dungan & Jack Mintz & Finn Poschmann & Thomas Wilson, 2008. "Growth Oriented Sales Tax Reform for Ontario: Replacing the Retail Sales Tax with a 7.5 Percent Value-Added Tax," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 273, September.
- Michael Smart, 2007. "Lessons in Harmony: What Experience in the Atlantic Provinces Shows About the Benefits of a Harmonized Sales Tax," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 253, July.
More about this item
Keywordssales tax; value-added tax; intergovernmental coordination;
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-01-13 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2007-01-13 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2007-01-13 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ttp:itpwps:0607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Bird). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iitorca.html .