Changing with the Times: Success, Failure and Inertia in Canadian Federal Arrangements, 1945-2002
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard M Bird & François Vaillancourt, 2001.
"Fiscal arrangements for maintaining an effective state in Canada,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(2), pages 163-187, April.
- Richard M Bird & FranÃ§ois Vaillancourt, 2001. "Fiscal Arrangements for Maintaining an Effective State in Canada," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 19(2), pages 163-187, April.
- Richard M. Bird, 2009. "Taxing Business," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11117, The World Bank.
- Richard Bird & Pierre Gendron, 1998. "Dual VATs and Cross-Border Trade: Two Problems, One Solution?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 5(3), pages 429-442, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Salmon, 2013. "Reforms and decentralization: friends or foes?," Chapters,in: Constitutional Economics and Public Institutions, chapter 5, pages 68-89 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard M. Bird, 2003. "Fiscal Flows, Fiscal Balance, and Fiscal Sustainability," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0302, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Francois Vaillancourt & Richard M. Bird, 2005. "The Interregional Incidence of Public Budgets in Federations: Measurement Issues, Evidence from Canada, and Policy Relevance," International Tax Program Papers 0510, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Richard Bird, 2001. "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: A Canadian Perspective," International Tax Program Papers 0409, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, revised Dec 2003.
- Richard M. Bird, 2008. "Tax Assignment Revisited," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0805, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada; fiscal federalism; constitutional reform; securities regulation;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N42 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-02-20 (Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2005-02-20 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-POL-2005-02-20 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-REG-2005-02-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ttp:itpwps:0504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Bird). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iitorca.html .