Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Richard.M. Bird & Roy Bahl, 2009. "Subnational Taxes in Developing Countries: The Way Forward," Working Papers id:2072, eSocialSciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristian Sepulveda & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2012.
"Explaining property tax collections in developing countries: the case of Latin America,"
Chapters,in: Decentralization and Reform in Latin America, chapter 7, pages iii-iii
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Cristian Sepúlveda, 2011. "Explaining Property Tax Collections in Developing Countries: The Case of Latin America," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1109, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:106:y:2018:i:c:p:173-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levin, Mark & Matrosova, Kseniya, 2017. "Development and Analysis of Economic Models of Innovation Incentives," Working Papers 061713, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Cristian Sepulveda, 2012. "Intergovernmental transfers: a policy reform perspective," Chapters,in: Decentralization and Reform in Latin America, chapter 9, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roy Kelly, 2014. "Implementing sustainable property tax reform in developing countries," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 10, pages 326-363 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- GholamReza Zandi & Abdulrahman Sultan M. Elwahi, 2016. "Tax Compliance Audit: The Perspectives of Tax Auditors in Malaysia," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 143-149, December.
- Roy Bahl, 2014.
"A retrospective on taxation in developing countries: Will the weakest link be strengthened?,"
Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 12, pages 405-442
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roy Bhal, 2013. "A Retrospective On Taxation In Developing Countries: Will The Weakest Link Be Strengthened?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1318, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Jaime Alfredo Bonet & Fabio Rueda, 2012. "Esfuerzo fiscal en los estados mexicanos," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 64598, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Cristian Sepulveda, 2012. "Toward a More General Theory of Revenue Assignments," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1231, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Roy Bahl, 2017. "Metropolitan city finances in Asia and the Pacific region: issues, problems and reform options," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/17/04, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Catherine Althaus & Lindsay M. Tedds & Allen McAvoy, 2011.
"The Feasibility of Implementing a Congestion Charge on the Halifax Peninsula: Filling the "Missing Link" of Implementation,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 37(4), pages 541-561, December.
- Althaus, Catherine & Tedds, Lindsay M & McAVoy, Allen, 2011. "The feasibility of implementing a congestion charge on the Halifax Peninsula: filling the 'Missing Link' of implementation," MPRA Paper 39790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ligia Alba Melo-Becerra, 2016. "Sub-national fiscal policy under cooperative and non-cooperative models," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, vol. 35(Especial ), pages 253-279, January.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Heggstad, Kari, 2012.
"Local Government Revenue Mobilisation in Anglophone Africa,"
2302, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Fjeldstad, Odd-Helge & Heggstad, Kari K., 2013. "Local Government Revenue Mobilisation in Anglophone Africa," Working Papers 11260, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad & Kari Heggstad, 2012. "Local government revenue mobilisation in Anglophone Africa," CMI Working Papers 6, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Gwilliam, Kenneth, 2013. "Cities on the move – Ten years after," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 3-18.
- Bird, Richard, 2010. "Taxation and Decentralization," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 38, pages 1-5, November.
- Jeongwan Kim, 2014. "Intergovernmental Distribution of VAT Revenue in Korea: Local Consumption Tax," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 30, pages 109-131.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2013.
"Tax decentralization and local government size,"
Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 183-205, October.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2010. "Tax Decentralisation and local Government size," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0123, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Olga Buzu, 2014. "Development of Ad Valorem Real Property Taxation System in Moldova," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(3), pages 79-88.
- Takaaki Masaki, 2016. "The impact of intergovernmental transfers on local revenue generation in Africa Evidence from Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ligia Alba Melo-Becerra, 2015. "The role of the sub-national public sector in the stabilization function: Evidence from the Colombian case for the period 1990-2001," REVISTA FINANZAS Y POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA, vol. 7(2), pages 299-324, July.
- Jaime Bonet Moron & Fabio Rueda Devivero, 2013. "Esfuerzo fiscal municipal en Guatemala," REVISTA ECONOMÍA & REGIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR, vol. 7(2), pages 5-41, December.
- Germán Ríos & Federico Ortega & J. Sebastián Scrofina, 2012. "Sub-national Revenue Mobilization in Latin America and Caribbean Countries: The Case of Venezuela," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4052, Inter-American Development Bank.
- James Alm, 2015. "Financing Urban Infrastructure: Knowns, Unknowns, And A Way Forward," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 230-262, April.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Cristian Sepúlveda, 2011. "Intergovernmental Transfers in Latin America: A Policy Reform Perspective," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1108, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
Keywordslocal taxes; regional taxes; fiscal decentralization;
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2008-08-21 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-08-21 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2008-08-21 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2008-08-21 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2008-08-21 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ttp:iibwps:16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Dobson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iitorca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .