Technological Diffusion and Asset Prices
In this paper we demonstrate that the gradual diffusion of technology causes the stock market to exhibit a cyclical behavior. More importantly, we attribute sharp declines and increases in the stock market such as the ones that occurred in the early 1970s and mid 1990s in the United States to expected rapid technological diffusion.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://business.utsa.edu/wps
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2005.
"Technological Revolutions and Stock Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
11876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parente, Stephen L & Prescott, Edward C, 1994. "Barriers to Technology Adoption and Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(2), pages 298-321, April.
- Aghion, Philippe, 2002. "Schumpeterian Growth Theory and the Dynamics of Income Inequality," Scholarly Articles 3350067, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Jeremy Greenwood, 1999. "The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 116-122, May.
- Elias Dinopoulos & Douglas Waldo, 2005. "Gradual Product Replacement, Intangible-Asset Prices and Schumpeterian Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 135-157, 06.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-45, November.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000.
"The Information Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2001. "The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1203-1220, December.
- John Laitner & Dmitriy Stolyarov, 2003. "Technological Change and the Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1240-1267, September.
- Philippe Aghion, 2002. "Schumpeterian Growth Theory and the Dynamics of Income Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 855-882, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsa:wpaper:0103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eddie Salinas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.