Correlations genuine and spurious in Pearson and Yule
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard, 2010.
"Can statistics do without artefacts?,"
42867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "Can Statistics Do without Artefacts?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00750495, HAL.
- M. Eileen Magnello, 2009. "Karl Pearson and the Establishment of Mathematical Statistics," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 77(1), pages 3-29, April.
- Karim M. Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2008. "Macro and Financial Markets: The Memory of an Elephant?," Working Paper series 17_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Aldrich, John, 2010. "Econometrics and psychometrics â€“ rivers out of biometry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 1010, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- You, Wen & Davis, George C. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & McIntosh, Alex, 2005. "Parental Time and Children's Obesity Measures," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19386, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Serrano Cinca, C. & Mar Molinero, C. & Gallizo Larraz, J.L., 2005. "Country and size effects in financial ratios: A European perspective," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 26-47, August.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2013-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Terence Mills & Kerry Patterson, 2013. "Modelling the Trend: The Historical Origins of Some Modern Methods and Ideas," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2013-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Kim, Ji-Hyun, 1999. "Spurious correlation between ratios with a common divisor," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 383-386, October.
- William Goetzmann & Eduardas Valaitis, 2006. "Simulating Real Estate in the Investment Portfolio: Model Uncertainty and Inflation Hedging," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2476, Yale School of Management, revised 01 May 2006.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "Can Statistics Do without Artefacts?," Working Papers hal-00750495, HAL.
- Roger Bjørnstad & Ragnar Nymoen, 2006. "Will it float? The New Keynesian Phillips curve tested on OECD panel data," Discussion Papers 463, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Karim M. Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2012. "Beyond Co-Integration: Modelling Co-Movements in Macro finance," Working Paper series 25_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:hin:jnljps:802975 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lipovetsky, Stan & Conklin, W. Michael, 2006. "Data aggregation and Simpson's paradox gauged by index numbers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 172(1), pages 334-351, July.
- Böddeling, Annika & Witte, Benjamin, 2011. "An investigation into the causal relation between institutions and economic development," Wittener Diskussionspapiere zu alten und neuen Fragen der Wirtschaftswissenschaft 9/2011, Witten/Herdecke University, Faculty of Management and Economics.
- Cook, Steven, 2007. "A threshold cointegration test with increased power," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 73(6), pages 386-392.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9373-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marek Hanusch, 2013. "Islam and democracy: a response," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 154(3), pages 315-321, March.
- D. Ventosa-Santaulària, 2009. "Spurious Regression," Journal of Probability and Statistics, Hindawi, vol. 2009, pages 1-27, August.
- Juan Piovani, 2008. "The historical construction of correlation as a conceptual and operative instrument for empirical research," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 757-777, December.
- Terence Mills & Kerry Patterson, 2013. "Carmichael's Arctan Trend: Precursor of Smooth Transition Functions," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2013-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stn:sotoec:9502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Thorn). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desotuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.