Biased Aspirations and Social Inequality at School: Evidence from French Teenagers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Avvisati & Marc Gurgand & Nina Guyon & Eric Maurin, 2014.
"Getting Parents Involved: A Field Experiment in Deprived Schools,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 57-83.
- Avvisati, Francesco & Gurgand, Marc & Guyon, Nina & Maurin, Eric, 2010. "Getting Parents Involved: A Field Experiment in Deprived Schools," CEPR Discussion Papers 8020, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Avvisati & Marc Gurgand & Nina Guyon & Eric Maurin, 2014. "Getting Parents Involved: A Field Experiment in Deprived Schools," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00942662, HAL.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2011. "Identity, Morals, and Taboos: Beliefs as Assets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(2), pages 805-855.
- Hanming Fang & Glenn C. Loury, 2005.
""Dysfunctional Identities" Can Be Rational,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 104-111, May.
- Hanming Fang & Glenn C. Loury, 2005. ""Dysfunctional Identities" Can Be Rational," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-147, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Carvalho, Jean-Paul & Koyama, Mark, 2013. "Resisting Education," MPRA Paper 48048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2002. "Identity and Schooling: Some Lessons for the Economics of Education," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1167-1201, December.
- Thomas S. Dee, 2014. "Stereotype Threat And The Student-Athlete," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 173-182, January.
- David Austen-Smith & Ronald G. Fryer, 2005. "An Economic Analysis of 'Acting White'," Discussion Papers 1399, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- David Austen-Smith & Roland G. Fryer, 2005. "An Economic Analysis of "Acting White"," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 551-583.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intell:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:104-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zimmermann, Markus, 2019. "Explaining Gaps in Educational Transitions Between Migrant and Native School Leavers," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 156, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Jean-Baptiste Vilain, 2018. "Three essays in applied economics," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/64devegb4f8, Sciences Po.
- Carlana, Michela & La Ferrara, Eliana & Pinotti, Paolo, 2017.
"Goals and Gaps: Educational Careers of Immigrant Children,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12538, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michela Carlana & Eliana La Ferrara La Ferrara & Paolo Pinotti, 2018. "Goals and Gaps: Educational Careers of Immigrant Children," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1812, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Michela Carlana & Eliana La Ferrara & Paolo Pinotti, 2017. "Goals and Gaps: Educational Careers of Immigrant Children," Working Papers 111, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Carlana, Michela & La Ferrara, Eliana & Pinotti, Paolo, 2018. "Goals and Gaps: Educational Careers of Immigrant Children," Working Paper Series rwp18-036, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Pierre Gouedard, 2017. "Teachers’ careers and students’ paths in higher education. Three essays on public policy evaluation," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7hhel11bit9, Sciences Po.
- Lisa Bagnoli & Antonio Estache, 2019. "Mentoring labor market integration of migrants: Policy insights from a survey of mentoring theory and practice," Working Papers ECARES 2019-15, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Raghunathan, Kalyani & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Kumar, Neha & Cunningham, Kenda, 2018. "Womenâ€™s aspirations for the future, and their financial, social and educational investments," IFPRI discussion papers 1752, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsSchool Aspirations; Aspiration Windows; Track choices; Inequality; Poverty Trap;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spo:wpmain:info:hdl:2441/5s1u9dkni69dhpmrq7tgclekrh. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Spire @ Sciences Po Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecspofr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.