Logistics FDI in Italy: integration strategies and motivation
The internationalisation of the logistics industry has massively increased in the last three decades. Depending on the motivations behind foreign direct investments (FDI), a multinational enterprise (MNE) may invest in a country through horizontal, vertical and conglomerate integrations. The integration strategies are a relatively unexplored area in logistics research. The aim of the paper is to fill this gap in the literature by investigating the integration strategies undertaken by foreign logistics MNE in Italy, analysing the motivations behind them and their characteristics in terms of sub-industries and investments’ areas of origin and destination.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Viale Kennedy, n. 4, 43100 Parma, Italy|
Phone: ++39 0657335294
Fax: ++39 0657335282
Web page: http://www.sietitalia.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eddy van de Voorde & Thierry Vanelslander, 2009. "Market Power and Vertical and Horizontal Integration in the Maritime Shipping and Port Industry," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2009/2, OECD Publishing.
- Girma, Sourafel, 2002. "The Process of European Integration and the Determinants of Entry by Non-EU Multinationals in UK Manufacturing," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(3), pages 315-335, June.
- Görg, Holger & Hijzen, Alexander & Manchin, Miriam, 2007.
"Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions and the Role of Trade Costs,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6397, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alexander Hijzen & Holger Görg & Miriam Manchin, 2006. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the role of trade costs," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 242, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Erin Anderson & Hubert Gatignon, 1986. "Modes of Foreign Entry: A Transaction Cost Analysis and Propositions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(3), pages 1-26, September.
- Sanjeev Agarwal & Sridhar N Ramaswami, 1992. "Choice of Foreign Market Entry Mode: Impact of Ownership, Location and Internationalization Factors," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sit:wpaper:09_02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Edoardo Marcucci)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.