Reverse Mortgages as Retirement Financing Instrument: An Option for “Asset-rich and Cash-poor” Singaporeans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Venti, Steven F. & Wise, David A., 1991. "Aging and the income value of housing wealth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 371-397, April.
- Ruth Hancock, 1998. "Can housing wealth alleviate poverty among Britain's older population?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 249-272, August.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Chia, Ngee Choon & Tsui, Albert K. C., 2003. "Life annuities of compulsory savings and income adequacy of the elderly in Singapore," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 41-65, March.
- Chia, Ngee-Choon & Tsui, Albert K.C., 2005.
"Medical savings accounts in Singapore: how much is adequate?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 855-875, September.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2005. "Medical Savings Accounts in Singapore: How much is adequate?," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0502, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K C Tsui, 2005. "Medical Savings Accounts in Singapore : How much is adequate?," Finance Working Papers 22567, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Nandinee K. Kutty, 1998. "The Scope for Poverty Alleviation among Elderly Home-owners in the United States through Reverse Mortgages," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(1), pages 113-129, January.
- Mitchell, Olivia S. & Piggott, John, 2004. "Unlocking housing equity in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 466-505, December.
- Louise Sheiner & David N. Weil, 1992. "The Housing Wealth of the Aged," NBER Working Papers 4115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marie-Eve Lachance & Olivia S. Mitchell & Kent Smetters, 2003.
"Guaranteeing Defined Contribution Pensions: The Option to Buy Back a Defined Benefit Promise,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 1-16.
- Marie-Eve Lachance & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2002. "Guaranteeing Defined Contribution Pensions: The Option to Buy-Back a Defined Benefit Promise," NBER Working Papers 8731, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2000. "Aging and Housing Equity," NBER Working Papers 7882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Mayer & Katerina V. Simons, 1994. "Reverse Mortgages and the Liquidity of Housing Wealth," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(2), pages 235-255.
- Christopher J. Mayer & Katerina Simons, 1993. "Reverse mortgages and the liquidity of housing wealth," Working Papers 93-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joan Costa i Font & Joan Gil & Oscar Mascarilla MirÛ, "undated". "Preferencias de la poblaciÛn ante la financiaciÛn de la dependÈncia: La hipoteca inversa en Espana," Studies on the Spanish Economy 230, FEDEA.
More about this item
Keywordsincomplete reverse mortgage market; replacement ratio; probability of loss; risk free interest; breakeven annuity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-SEA-2005-04-16 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2005-04-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sca:scaewp:0503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Rob Kleinsteuber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denussg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.