Free Trade vs. Autarky under Asymmetric Cournot Oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1983.
"A 'reciprocal dumping' model of international trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 313-321, November.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Working Papers 405, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James A. Brander & Paul Krugman, 1983. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1982. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," Working Papers 513, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Epifani, Paolo & Gancia, Gino, 2011.
"Trade, markup heterogeneity and misallocations,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2007. "Trade, markup heterogeneity and misallocations," Economics Working Papers 1037, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2010. "Trade, markup heterogeneity and misallocations," IEW - Working Papers 469, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Epifani, Paolo & Gancia, Gino A, 2009. "Trade, Markup Heterogeneity and Misallocations," CEPR Discussion Papers 7217, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2009. "Trade, Markup Heterogeneity and Misallocations," KITeS Working Papers 005, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Apr 2009.
- Eckel, Carsten, 2008. "Globalization and specialization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 219-228, May.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1988. "Helping Minor Firms Reduces Welfare," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1199-1202, December.
- David M. G. Newbery & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1984. "Pareto Inferior Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 1-12.
- Markusen, James R., 1981. "Trade and the gains from trade with imperfect competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 531-551, November.
- T. Cordella, 1990.
"Trade Liberalizaiton and Oligopolistic Industries: a Welfare Appraisal,"
100, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- CORDELLA, Tito, 1993. "Trade liberalization and oligopolistic industries: a welfare appraisal," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1049, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tito CORDELLA, 1993. "Trade Liberalization and Oligopolistic Industries : A Welfare Appraisal," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1993033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Baomin Dong & Lasheng Yuan, 2010. "The Loss from Trade under International Cournot Oligopoly with Cost Asymmetry," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 818-831, November.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
More about this item
Keywordsfree trade; Cournot competition; welfare loss;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:wpecon:1509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (the School of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/destauk.html .