Tests for the consistency of three-level nested logit models with utility maximization
This paper provides necessary conditions for testing the local consistency of three-level nested logit models with random utility maximization. We find that for a model with two sub-nests per nest the conditions can lead to a substantial increase in the range of acceptable dissimilarity parameters, irrespective of the number of alternatives per sub-nest.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||15 Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462444
Web page: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996.
"Testing the Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization,"
Staff General Research Papers
1500, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Kling, Catherine L., 1996. "Testing the consistency of nested logit models with utility maximization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 33-39, January.
- Kajal Lahiri & Jian Gao, 2001.
"Bayesian Analysis of Nested Logit Model by Markov Chain Monte Carlo,"
01-14, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Lahiri, Kajal & Gao, Jian, 2002. "Bayesian analysis of nested logit model by Markov chain Monte Carlo," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 103-133, November.
- Kao-Lee Liaw & William Frey, 2003. "Location of adult children as an attraction for black and white elderly return and onward migrants in the United States: Application of a three-level nested logit model with census data," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 75-98.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel, 1990. "On the compatibility of nested logit models with utility maximization," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 373-388, March.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Herriges, Joseph A., 1995. "Empirical Investigation of the Consistency of Nested Logit Models with Utility Maximization (An)," Staff General Research Papers 1499, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Quantitative Methods for Analyzing Travel Behaviour of Individuals: Some Recent Developments," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 474, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- W. Shaw & Michael Ozog, 1999. "Modeling Overnight Recreation Trip Choice: Application of a Repeated Nested Multinomial Logit Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 13(4), pages 397-414, June.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eymann, Angelika & Ronning, Gerd, 1997. "Microeconometric models of tourists' destination choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 735-761, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:wpecon:0313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.