A Coevolutionary Analysis of Organisational Systems and Processes: Quantitative applications to information system dynamics for small entrepreneurial firms in Scotland
We present a quantitative, dynamic analysis of coevolution in the new firm. Organisation is treated as a process, rather than a state, involving the simultaneous evolution of interacting systems within, and between, small firms and their environment. Our quantitative analysis uses primary-source, timeelapsed data, obtained by face-to-face interviews with entrepreneurs. We found a link between performance and micro-evolutionary experience. High performers were more innovative, more radical ‘change makers’, more willing to ‘wait and see’, and more willing to use ‘soft’ technologies than low performers.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462438
Web page: http://crieff.wordpress.com/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gavin C Reid, 2000. "Information System Development in the Small Firm," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0002, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Gavin C Reid & Julia A Smith, 1999. "The Impact of Contingencies on Information System Development," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9918, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Williamson, Oliver E., 1992. "Markets, hierarchies, and the modern corporation: An unfolding perspective," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 335-352, May.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20030039 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeroen van den Bergh & John Gowdy, 2000. "Evolutionary Theories in Environmental and Resource Economics: Approaches and Applications," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 17(1), pages 37-57, September.
- Rosenkopf, Lori & Tushman, Michael L, 1998. "The Coevolution of Community Networks and Technology: Lessons from the Flight Simulation Industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 311-46, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:crieff:0402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.