The Suspension of Cash Payments as a Monetary Regime
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur J. Rolnick & Warren E. Weber, 1998.
"Money, inflation, and output under fiat and commodity standards,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 11-17.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1997. "Money, Inflation, and Output under Fiat and Commodity Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1308-1321, December.
- Bordo Michael D. & Dittmar Robert D & Gavin William T., 2007.
"Gold, Fiat Money, and Price Stability,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-31, August.
- Michael D. Bordo & Robert D. Dittmar & William T. Gavin, 2003. "Gold, Fiat Money, and Price Stability," NBER Working Papers 10171, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Robert Dittmar & William T. Gavin, 2006. "Gold, fiat money and price stability," Working Papers 2003-014, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bordo, Michael D & Redish, Angela, 1993.
"Maximizing Seignorage Revenue during Temporary Suspensions of Convertibility: A Note,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 157-168, January.
- Michael Bordo & Angela Redish, 1992. "Maximizing Seignorage Revenue During Temporary Suspensions of Convertibility: A Note," NBER Working Papers 4024, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B. & Dellas, Harris, 1998.
"Real interest rates and central bank operating procedures,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 471-494, October.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Dellas, Harris, 1995. "Real Interest Rates and Central Bank Operating Procedures," CEPR Discussion Papers 1099, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "Money and the Price Level under the Gold Standard," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(353), pages 13-33, March.
- Ireland, Peter N., 1997. "Sustainable monetary policies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 87-108, November.
- Bordo Michael D. & Kydland Finn E., 1995. "The Gold Standard As a Rule: An Essay in Exploration," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 423-464, October.
- Chari, V V & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1990. "Sustainable Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 783-802, August.
- Flandreau, Marc, 2007. "Pillars of Globalization: A history of monetary policy targets, 1797-1997," CEPR Discussion Papers 6252, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goodfriend, Marvin, 1988. "Central banking under the gold standard," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 85-124, January.
- Blackburn, Keith & Christensen, Michael, 1989. "Monetary Policy and Policy Credibility: Theories and Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Wallace, Neil, 1982. "The Real-Bills Doctrine versus the Quantity Theory: A Reconsideration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1212-1236, December.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Newby, 2007. "Macroeconomic Implications of Gold Reserve Policy of the Bank of England during the Eighteenth Century," CDMA Working Paper Series 200708, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsGold standard; Suspension of Cash Payments; Monetary policy; Monetary regimes.;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2007-02-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-02-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:cdmawp:0707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (the School of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdstauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.