Aggregation and Optimization with State-Dependent Pricing: A Comment
A key argument in Caplin and Leahy (1997) states that the correlation between monetary shocks and output is falling in the variance of the money supply. We demonstrate that this conclusion depends on solving for the correlation in the non-stationary state of the model. In the stationary state, that correlation is initially rising.
|Date of creation:||15 Jun 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01334 462420
Fax: 01334 462444
Web page: http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cdma
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-34, June.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1992.
"Aggregation and Optimization with State-Dependent Pricing,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1595, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrew Caplin & John Leahy, 1997. "Aggregation and Optimization with State-Dependent Pricing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 601-626, May.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1992. "Aggregation and Optimization with State-Dependent Pricing," Discussion Papers 1992_15, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1989.
"State-Dependent Pricing And The Dynamics Of Money And Output,"
1989_32, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1991. "State-Dependent Pricing and the Dynamics of Money and Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(3), pages 683-708, August.
- Vladislav Damjanovic & Charles Nolan, 2005. "Aggregate Dynamics with Heterogeneous Agents and State-Dependent Pricing," CDMA Working Paper Series 200505, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:san:cdmawp:0506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bram Boskamp)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.