How the â€˜Hand of Henryâ€™ Benefited the South African Economy
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- How this man added more than 6000 jobs to the South African economy. With his left hand.
by Johan Fourie in Johan Fourie's Blog on 2015-04-24 23:57:54
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2015.
"Many Happy Returns? The Pro-Bowl, Mega-events, and Tourism in Hawaii,"
1501, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2015. "Many Happy Returns? The Pro-Bowl, Mega-events, and Tourism in Hawaii," Working Papers 1505, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmega-event; tourism; FIFA World Cup; football; soccer; South Africa; gravity model; counterfactual analysis;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
- N4 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SPO-2015-03-27 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rza:wpaper:508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Tanton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersacza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.