The Objectivity of National Research Foundation Peer Review Based Ratings in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adler, Niclas & Elmquist, Maria & Norrgren, Flemming, 2009. "The challenge of managing boundary-spanning research activities: Experiences from the Swedish context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1136-1149, September.
- Hare, Paul G & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1992. "Economics of Academic Research and Its Implications for Higher Education," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 48-66, Summer.
- Benner, Mats & Sandstrom, Ulf, 2000. "Institutionalizing the triple helix: research funding and norms in the academic system," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 291-301, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Goldschmidt, M., 2015.
"Does massive funding support of researchers work?: Evaluating the impact of the South African research chair funding initiative,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 467-482.
- J.W. Fedderke and M. Velez, 2014. "Does Massive Funding Support of Researchers Work?: Evaluating the Impact of the South African Research Chair Funding Initiative," Working Papers 389, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
KeywordsSubjective research ratings; objective research ratings; research funding;
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-08-23 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-SOG-2012-08-23 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rza:wpaper:300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Tanton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersacza.html .