Factors Influencing Foreign Direct Investment of South African Financial Services Firms in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Luiz, John Manuel & Charalambous, Harris, 2009. "Factors influencing foreign direct investment of South African financial services firms in Sub-Saharan Africa," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 305-317, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franklin R Root & Ahmed A Ahmed, 1978. "The influence of policy instruments on manufacturing Direct Foreign investment in developing countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 9(3), pages 81-94, September.
- Lance Eliot Brouthers & Keith D Brouthers & Steve Werner, 1999. "Is Dunning's Eclectic Framework Descriptive Or Normative?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(4), pages 831-844, December.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999.
"Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 121-139, January.
- Andreas Haufler & Ian Wooton, "undated". "Country Size and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 9702, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Haufler, Andreas & Wooton, Ian, 1999. "Country size and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Munich Reprints in Economics 20408, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bouquet, Cyril & Hebert, Louis & Delios, Andrew, 2004. "Foreign expansion in service industries: Separability and human capital intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 35-46, January.
- Outreville, J. Francois, 2007. "Foreign affiliates of the world largest financial groups: Locations and governance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 19-31, January.
- Moshirian, Fariborz, 2001. "International investment in financial services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 317-337, February.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 2001.
"Multinational Firms: Reconciling Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: Topics in Empirical International Economics: A Festschrift in Honor of Robert E. Lipsey, pages 71-98
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 1999. "Multinational Firms: Reconciling Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shahid Yusuf, 2003.
"Globalisation and the Challenge for Developing Countries,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(Supplemen), pages 35-72, February.
- Yusuf, Shahid, 2001. "Globalization and the challenge for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2618, The World Bank.
- Michael Porter, 1994. "The Role of Location in Competition," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 35-40.
- Campa, Joe Manuel, 1993. "Entry by Foreign Firms in the United States under Exchange Rate Uncertainty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 614-622, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boris Urban, 2016. "Empirical Evidence On The Influence Of The Institutional Environment On Venture Innovation Performance In South Africa," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(02), pages 1-14, June.
- Bartels, Frank L. & Napolitano, Francesco & Tissi, Nicola E., 2014. "FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: A longitudinal perspective on location-specific factors (2003–2010)," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 516-529.
- Simplice A. Asongu, 2014.
"Linkages between investment flows and financial development: Causality evidence from selected African countries,"
African Journal of Economic and Management Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 269-299, August.
- Asongu Simplice, 2012. "Linkages between Investment Flows and Financial Development: Causality Evidence from Selected African Countries," Working Papers 12/029, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice A, Asongu, 2012. "Linkages between investment flows and financial development: causality evidence from selected African countries," MPRA Paper 38719, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Luiz & Callum Stewart, 2014. "Corruption, South African Multinational Enterprises and Institutions in Africa," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 383-398, October.
- OuÃ©draogo Nosseyamba Benjamin, 2012. "Foreign direct investment in Sub-Saharan Africa," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 49-66.
- Maktoba Omar & Collins Osei, 2015. "An investigative analysis of the factors influencing degree of involvement in a foreign market," Transnational Marketing Journal, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 3(1), pages 45-60, May.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Financial Services; Sub Saharan Africa;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rza:wpaper:118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Tanton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersacza.html .